Hood "Plymouth" emblem

-

prostr340duster

Reaction score
I just got done redoing my steel hood to put back on the car and It turned out great. Purchased new hood pin kit and was going to redo my emblem, but I think I want a new one if I can get one. The thing looks so good I just hate to put the old one on. I used the dupont hot rod hues hot rod black and its great. Order a dual snorkel scoop from aar. Everything look great. If anyone knows where I can get one it would be great. Thanks Jerry

Also I have a fiberglass lift off hood to get rid of now. Its a harwood hood. Perfer somebody in ohio so I wouldn't have to ship.

You can get repro "Plymouth" hood emblems from various suppliers. But when you order one I'd suggest enquiring whether the emblem is made of the softer die cast they seem to be using for some emblems nowadays. I got my Plymouth emblem from www.jacksautoparts.com, who I have dealt with a lot. While the emblem looks nice the die cast is so soft (almost like lead) it easily bends and when I tried to screw it onto the panel any little tightening pressure on the retaining nuts caused the letters on the emblem to twist out of alignment. Once out of alignment you cant really get the letters to line up properly. So I eventually shelved teh repro emblem and repainted and used my original emblem, which is a zillion times more rigid than teh repro one.

-
Back