Hood pulling away from supports

-

OCswinger

Reaction score
Hey yall,

Tried the search engine but I couldn't exactly find what I need. I need some advice on how to keep the hood from separating from the underneath braces. Has anyone tackled this issue?

Thanks

-Jon

Do you mean the inner structure has separated from the outer skin on your hood? If so, I had the same issue with my hood, I used urethane to re-glue the skin to the inner structure. It worked great.

Do you mean the inner structure has separated from the outer skin on your hood? If so, I had the same issue with my hood, I used urethane to re-glue the skin to the inner structure. It worked great.
Yes! That is exactly what is happening to my hood. Was there a specific urethane you used?

I've had windshield urethane "suck back" and distort metal. I'd use Fusor 800. It's a urethane product also.
Make sure the hood is in its natural resting position and not upside down on a bench which may fossilize unwanted contours . Clean the contact surfaces well and use your finger to force it deep into the braces leaving a finished appearance. Follow the recommended painting procedure.

Hey yall,

Tried the search engine but I couldn't exactly find what I need. I need some advice on how to keep the hood from separating from the underneath braces. Has anyone tackled this issue?

Thanks

-Jon
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD SLOW DOWN!!! LOL

-
Back