-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McLeese

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 73 scamp and i want to put in a hood release cable so the hood can be opened from inside the car.I want the engine bay locked up when the car is locked up .Do not want any one opening the hood when i,am not around.Does any one know what will fit this or do you have one set up i can buy .Thanks again Bill McLeese

I love it when someone asks about something I can help with....

I just installed a `74 Duster inside hood release on my `68 Barracuda. And while I was at it, I installed a power trunk release from a Dodge Diplomat.

Barracuda367-vi.jpg

There was even a hole in the firewall to pass the cable through!

Barracuda369-vi.jpg

This was the initial test-fit. I pulled it back out and cleaned it up nice....

Barracuda371-vi.jpg

This was a direct bolt-in. In the first picture above you can see the custom bracketry I fabbed up to mount the trunk switch on the side of the hood pull release.

Hope this helps!

That's nice FASTBACK, & looks simple to do. Now I wonder how long it'll be before somebody posts about how stupid you are, what a crappy job you did, how their's is bigger than yours, :bootysha: you painted your car the wrong color, you have the wrong size engine, etc. :argue: :boxing: Then the thread will have to be moderated & on & on & on. Just kidding. :toothy7: It's gonna' be nice when the dust finally settles here at FABO. :blackeye:

Now I wonder how long it'll be before somebody posts about how stupid you are

That's funny! THIS is what our community work. Interaction.

Although... my Wife has been known to call me stupid.

Among other things.... :-D

Fastback....my ex called me stupid once or twice and I usually deserved it.

But after the divorce I reminded her just how stupid I was-I did not divorce her after the 1st affair.

If she puts up with the Mopar thing she sounds like a real keeper.

And I see dust on one of the control arms!

See?!?!?!!? I'm not just a sunofabitch! I can actually CONTRIBUTE...besides being a wise-***. Even with PICTURES to go with my advice.

And it only takes me 1 post to get my point across.... :cheers:

< Sorry....I couldn't resist. I just KNOW that knob is still reading these forums >

Fastback....my ex called me stupid once or twice and I usually deserved it.

But after the divorce I reminded her just how stupid I was-I did not divorce her after the 1st affair.

If she puts up with the Mopar thing she sounds like a real keeper.

And I see dust on one of the control arms!

Yeah, my Gal is a keeper. I know I've told this story before elsewhere on this site, but she almost broke a toe tripping over a driveshaft safety loop.

In the living room....

And as for the dusty control arm, I'm sorry. I'll try & do better. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back