hood scoop dilema

-
You could mount them backwards to keep out the rain too if you want to be different. Don't forget the fart can mufflers. Your car do as you wish.

I'd join in with the "do whatever you want" chorus but I don't think the OP would be asking if the public perception from other Mopar nuts wasn't a factor in "what he wants." Wanting the car to look cool and wanting the car to not be a styling faux pas is acceptable...and it factors into my choices too. I even paused before picking "non-1973 correct" rally wheels for my Dart. :p

If it was my car, I'd find an aftermarket hood to go crazy with and leave the stock one in the attic. IMO, any styling mod that's easily reversible is immune to criticism.

The "purists" always crack me up.

Back in the day Mopar always stood for More Original Parts Arranged Randomly. It's why these cars were so wildly popular with enthusiasts back then and then their kids later. We could take the best of what we wanted and build the machine we liked...because it all fit.

How many A bodies are floating around here with the later rallye wheels? Rear spoilers they didn't come with? 5x4.5" bolt pattern wheels that their car never came with? Disc brakes that it never had when new?

If it's real Mopar design, it's all good as far as I'm concerned. Those that want "pure accuracy" should go open a museum and leave the enjoyment of the ride that others have alone.

Love those scoops, but I would only use them on a 70-up car. But that's just me.

For 68-69 dart, I love the Power Bulge hood, and chicks dig it.

Attachments

• DSC_0407.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 55
-
Back