Hood scoop holes

-

norton

Doing the best that I can
Reaction score
Not sure if the scoops on my car are original to it, but I put the car in for paint and when they took the scoops off there were no big holes under them. I would like to put the holes in the hood, but don't know what size they are. I know that I can buy the aftermarket rings or gaskets, what ever they are called. Can anybody tell me the diameter of the hole please.

Thanks Dan

here's the location for the holes

013.jpg

These might help...

Attachments

• 70hood1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 335
  • 70hood2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 349
  • Hood Scoop Mounting.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 349
4 1/8", if no holes in hood probably not originally a sport hood optioned car, or if it is optioned for the hood maybe the hood was switched due to an accident or who knows. I think they foam thingies are called baffles.

Do yourself a favor and buy the template referenced.
Well worth the $30 to do it right.
Ron

Will these same measurements work on a 70 Duster hood? Hood does not have the semicircle cuts in the bracing on bottom of hood, how would you address that?
Thanks

I've searched most stores here and am not able to locate a 4 1/8" metal hole saw. All that I can find is a 4" or a 4 1/4". Can I get away with using one of these and still use the baffles in the holes ?

I used a 4" hole saw and it worked just fine. You may want to put a block of wood on the under side for support and prevent tearout.

I've searched most stores here and am not able to locate a 4 1/8" metal hole saw. All that I can find is a 4" or a 4 1/4". Can I get away with using one of these and still use the baffles in the holes ?

I'm sure it will all work fine.

I used a 4 inch hole saw I bought at Canadian Tire, and I used the year one rubber gaskets. If anything they were a bit of a loose fit.

Alright holes have been put into the hood, and I bought a pair of reproduction baffles. I'm unsure if the lower or higher side of the baffles face up. Can anyone tell me.
Thanks
Dan

I looked at a lot of cars when I did mine. I believe the thicker edge faces the engine side.

I think in the SM the thick end goes toward the scoop to keep water out. but not 100%

-
Back