Hood Scoops on Non Hood Scoop Hood

-

DJC

Reaction score
I've looked through numerous threads on dual scoop mounting, most refer to existing holes/cut-outs in the bracing. My hood doesn't seem to have any of those. But I think I can manage it if I can get some charitable soul here to provide me with the measurements for the 4 factory holes at the very rear of the hood - distance from the outside edge of the hood, distance between the holes and the distance from the rear edge of the hood. I have several pictures of where they look like they go, but actual measurements would be a lot better .
View attachment pattern.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Is it a Dart hood you are working on, or the one from the car in your sig pic? Best to post a pic of the actual hood you want to put the scoops on so we can see the underhood bracing, cutouts, etc. And post the exact year and make of the car. In 72 the scoop changed to the twin snorkel and the mounting location is totally different, and if your hood is later than 71 the bracing may be set up for the twin snorkel, instead of the twin separate scoops.

Is it a Dart hood you are working on, or the one from the car in your sig pic? Best to post a pic of the actual hood you want to put the scoops on so we can see the underhood bracing, cutouts, etc. And post the exact year and make of the car. In 72 the scoop changed to the twin snorkel and the mounting location is totally different, and if your hood is later than 71 the bracing may be set up for the twin snorkel, instead of the twin separate scoops.

It's a 1972 Scamp, original /6 car. As I mentioned, I have compared the hood to the online pictures above, there are no holes like this or even the curved cutout area for the larger air holes. So I know this hood is definitely not setup for the twin scoops. But I imagine if I have an accurate starting point such as the rear bolt holes, the bodyshop can work the rest out from there. Sorry, I do not have a picture of the underside of my hood at the moment.
Thanks for your reply.

-
Back