Hood Stripe dimensions on a '72 Demon

-

SwingerDeluxe

Reaction score
I want to put the two black stripes with pinstriping on my Dart that are on the hoods of the 71 & 72 Demons. Can any of you guys please give me the dimensions: length, width, size of pinstripe, gap between stipe panels and pinstripe, gap size between stripes? I'm thinking thiese would look nice in matte black with matching scoops. Car is in the paint shop, so now would be a perfect time to get 'er done! I have a pic but the real dimensions would be nice. Thanks

Here is a pic of the stripes I am looking to paint on my hood. Does anyone know the dimensions? Thanks for any help! Thanks to the owner if this Demon! I hope you don't mind me using your pic as an example? Great looking Mopar! Bill

100_1531 (Medium).jpg

Those are the 71 stripes. 72 stripes are very different.

link to 72 stripes
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?attachmentid=6631&stc=1&d=1162860535

There was a post either here or on moparts where someone posted dimensions.

That is the '71 Demon Sizzler stripe. The Sizzler stripe was carried over to '72, but the difference between the '72 and that particular '71 stripe is the leading edge of the hood does not have the SIZZLER lettering. The stripe portion of the SIZZLER stripe is only the multi line edges on either side. The middle of the stripe is painted flat black.
If you need dimensions I still have the original paint/Sizzler stripe hood for my car.

Any old timers out there remember a magazine doing a test drive of a 1972 Demon 340 with the snorkle hood scoop? I know I have the magazine but don't remember which one. I'll see if I can find it and post the picture.

That is the '71 Demon Sizzler stripe. The Sizzler stripe was carried over to '72, but the difference between the '72 and that particular '71 stripe is the leading edge of the hood does not have the SIZZLER lettering. The stripe portion of the SIZZLER stripe is only the multi line edges on either side. The middle of the stripe is painted flat black.
If you need dimensions I still have the original paint/Sizzler stripe hood for my car.

Thank You but I am looking for the '71 Demon "left-right block stripes". "Car Graphics" sent me an email stating these were originally painted on the hood. They carry the s-curved stripe in vinyl but not this one. They gave me a lead to see if a stencil could be purchased. I'm still waiting for an answer from "Stencils and Stripes". I had to send them a pic of what I wanted. If I can get the dimensions, my body man should be able to paint them on.

Alright. Sorry read it wrong. Thought you were looking for a 72. lI'll see if I can find a 71. Gook luck with your project.

SwingerDeluxe,PM Tom (Plumcrazy340) his Demon originally had the "block stripes" your looking for. He could tell you what he did and get you measurements possibly. The pics I have are what they look like on his car presently and that's were they were originally on his car. I eventually want to do this also to my car. Hope this helps.....John

IMG_2627.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

Thanks John! I sent Tom a pm, maybe he can help! Thanks for the pics too! Bill

-
Back