Hood swap problems

-

Old Geezzer

Reaction score
Has any one else ran into this? Tried to put a hood from my 74 duster parts car on to my 73 and with the hood latch all of the way down the hood was still a 1/2 to high at the front . Did noticed some differences where the stops go tried to adjust them down but no-work. SO I put the 73 hood back on... Guess I'll just have to weld up the holes for the hood pins that were poorly done. So now I guess that 73 is all by it self. The 74 matches the 75 of my sons.
Any ideas?

Thanks, Paul

I belive the hood on my 73 is from a 74. I didn't have any
problems. I didn't want to cut up the orignal hood when I went
with the hood scoop. Got the hood from a buddy. He had it sitting
around for a long time. No problems with alignment.

duster work.gif

It should work. You either have a sprung hood from the 74, or visa versa and your car was adjusted to fit. Still sometimes those bumpers need to go all the way down. Soak them in WD40 if they won't move and try again. Not sure why there are so many differences between the same part, but there are.

Took some pictures, the black one is the 73 and the red inside/primer out is the 74. The 74 hood fit just fine on the 74. Maybe sprung. Think we may try it on his 75.

d 001.jpg

d 002.jpg

d 003.jpg

d 004.jpg

Went back out side to see how much more adjustment I had left. The hood latch is all the way down as far it can go. I still have to replace the drivers side inner panel that is loose. Maybe thats the problem.

Paul

-
Back