Hood Swap question

-

TinyValiant74

Reaction score
Okay i've pulled the hood off of my 74 valiant and I noticed some play arround the bolt holes, which worried me so when I finally got it off I saw that there was about half an inch of loose rust arround the bolts. SO, short of fabricating some new bolt brackets I was driving by the salvage yard next to my house and I saw what looked like a challenger with an intact hood on it

I pulled this pictures off Google, but it looks like this one with what looks like a burned out bronco 2 sitting on it's roof. that and it's black,
74Challenger_jpg.jpg

anyways the hood looks good and as far as I can tell it's the only mopar in the lot which is sad considering it's a big assed lot. but I'm wondering, would the hoot from the challenger fit on my valiant? I know they're from different series but they look to be about the same year.

any advice is always appreciated.

thanks in advance.

74Challenger_jpg.jpg

74Challenger_jpg.jpg

I doubt the hood will fit on a Valiant, however you might get the hood just to resell it, E-body stuff is always in demand and fetches high prices.

The biggest stubbling block is were the hoods terminate at the windshield. The Challenger goes all of the way back and is also the cowl were the A-body has a seperate cowl.

Chuck

-
Back