Hood to Radiator Seal "Failure"

-

dibbons

Reaction score
The DMT '63-'65 seal I recently installed must have been fabricated on a Monday. Of the eight staples used to secure the seal to the hood, half of them were about an inch out of place which necessitated me having to drill four additional holes in the hood. The four outer staples (right and left) were correct and the inner four staples were incorrect. I have the old factory seal to compare on two of my '65 A Bodies so I know it was not a problem on my end.

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

No, but I purchased it years ago (time flies on these restoration projects) so I imagine it has been resolved by now.

No, but I purchased it years ago (time flies on these restoration projects) so I imagine it has been resolved by now.
It's still worth a call IMO. How do we expect vendors to make perfect products if we don't inform them when issues like this arise. Otherwise, all this thread will do is potentially deter folks from purchasing from an American small business.

Last edited:
Don't drill holes in your hood. Just relocate the clips butting a hole in the rubber. Rubber wont rust out causing heart ache later.

I didn't look forward to relocating the flimsy staples nor did I like drilling more holes, but I knew I could avoid damage to the rubber and staples by adding a few more tiny holes in the hood. Just my personal preference at the moment.

I bought the "A body" foam kit for convertibles.

Turns out the Barracuda and Dart are different.

I took measurements of the OEM parts I took off and photos and sent them to Jim.

He now has 67 to 69 Barracuda AND 67 to 69 Dart convertible kits.

He was very pleased to have been informed of the difference

Now if he only made them in the correct color foam :D, my 67 dart convert and 3 others I have seen are black, he has only seen white!

But Jim is a good guy. Contact him he may even offer to buy your old part.

It's still worth a call IMO. How do we expect vendors to make perfect products if we don't inform them when issues like this arise. Otherwise, all this thread will do is potentially deter folks from purchasing from an American small business.

I agree wholeheartedly with this!

I had an issue with DMT and the owner went out of his way to make sure everything was right and I was happy.

Can't sat enough good things about this supplier. They really care about their reputation.

-
Back