Hoodwink

-

opus65

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
Could someone break out the tape measure. Looking to pick up a 65 Valiant hood. Hoping it fits in the back of my 92 Dakota. Could someone please measure the width and the longest front to beck dimension. Would like to lay it down and reduce the potential of it becoming a sail.
Thanks

Buy some ratchet straps just in case & bring it home.

I just went and measured my 65 Barracuda hood. 58 5/8 wide at the back corners, and measuring from a back corner, and eyeballing the hood latch, it's 51" long. Get rope or ratchet straps. It will become a sail if it lays completely down in the bed!

LOL Have straps. 92 Daks have no stake pockets or tie hooks, but I do have a tonneau cover for it.

Thanks JD!

I used to be a surveyor for the state DOT. Twice, I came closer than I ever wanted to stuff flying out of a pickup. One time I was on the freeway rt shoulder, when I heard a strange sound, and looked around just in time to see a complete full size truck canopy land(explode, really) less than 50ft away in the median. Another time, I was running the total station next to the guardrail on a freeway off ramp. For some reason, I turned around and there was a brand new-looking plastic pickup bed liner about 20ft away. At freeway speeds mattresses, plywood, any unsecured loads can take off, and be dangerous.

-
Back