Hooker Fenderwell Headers

-

jeeper

Reaction score
Hello,

I am contemplating a BB in my 74 A body. I have a 440 and have found a set of affordable Fenderwell headers that are the 1 7/8" models.

I did ask on BBD and have not recieved a response.

Anyone here have any experience with these?

I am aiming for a modest build around 350-400Hp and shooting for a solid 13 in the quarter.

Cost is an issue or I would just go with TTI's or Shumachers.

Fenderwell cutting is not an issue at this point on that car.

Thanks as always for any experinces / guidance.

ROB

For fit and work-on-ability, I liked the fenderwell headers. You just have to watch how big a tire you run in the front as a tall tire can rub the headers. You will have no trouble with starter replacement, or floor mounted shifters ( stock or aftermarket), but I don't remember if column shift was an issue or not. Oh, and with a 440 decently tuned, you should easily into the 13's if you have the traction. As for me, I have a car I don't want to cut for headers, so I went with some big tube under chassis headers that require a few small dents and a mini starter.

Well this would be a low-buck dealio. Not quite the Hot-Rod Dart caliber but close. I promise there will be no hose clamps for tranny mounts.

Thank you for your input.

BTW- Do you think a stock sized 14" front tire would clear? Something like a 205 70 14?

It's the height, not the width that will get you. And I can't remember how big will fit. Someone should chime in here and help you out with some real tire sizes............ waiting......

I'm curious as well. I don't see myself running any of those tall skinnys like you would use on a drag only car.

We will see what others think....

I've got the hooker super comps with fenderwell exits. I've managed to squeeze some big tires up front. 235/45zr17 on 17x8 rims. It's the height and width that cause problems. With the 1.125 torsion bars and nice shocks it doesn't rub too much. Just on the hard bumps.

Greg

I checked your garage and I think I can safely say that I won't be running that sized tire on my Duster.

Yours looks pretty cool 440.

Do you have any pics of the car under the hood? I wouldn't mind any pics you could send so I can see how it all goes together.

Thanks for the information, ROB

-
Back