Hooker Headers - right fit?

-

chachi

Reaction score
Guys and gals....

i have a 273 engine with powersteering. Anyone out there know if these hooker headers will fit? I see them on craigs list in my area and want to buy them - just want to be 100% sure they will fit. They are advertised as Small Block Dodge headers. Anyone able to tell by the picture if they are good to go on my car?

Thanks!!

Attachments

• headers.jpeg.bmp
    35.3 KB · Views: 260
If you can get the Hooker part number from the seller, just cross them on the Jegs site etc. They do look like the Hooker Headers I just sawed out of my 68 GTS. See the right header in the picture? It goes drivers side. The three tubes to the front actully dip below the steering arm. (forget if it was tie rod etc).

Anyway, those three tubes hangs down pretty low. Mine were crushed slightly, most likely from steep driveway aprons etc. They ARE better than nothing, but if you are going to go through all the labor to get a set of headers in, why not go with Doug's or TTI? BTW, the standard starter seemed to be okay with the Hookers. I did have to get a mini-starter for the Dougs.....no biggy. you might/might not need the 90 degree oil filter adapter(?)

These companies both have a different degign, which keeps the header tubes "up and away" from the moving pavement below. I put the Doug's in my car and highly recommend them if funds allow. If funds don't allow and your time is your own,..... go for it.

PK

Those look like the Hookers I have on my 68 Cuda and they clear the power steering box, but not my much. I bet it's hard to slip a piece of paper between the header tube and the box. They don't rattle on it though. Be prepared to spend a whole day installing them. Hope your not a loud cusser with a priest living close. Keep something hard like an old engine block close by to throw wrenches at when things don't go right (and it won't). Make sure and use super good gaskets cause their a PITA to change.

Can you tell I hate this header design!! When I remove mine I don't care what TTI's or Doug's cost these crappy designed Hookers are going in the trash. I'd rather work on an old greasy Ford than mess with these again!

-
Back