Hoosier Pro Street

-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
Just ordered a set of rear tires for the Valiant

27.00 x 10.50-15

Anybody use them? How are they compared to drag radials?

Opinions please
hoo-19050.jpg

They are plain radials not a sticky dot race tire like a drag radial.

Adams right,those are designed as a modern alternative to biased tires,wider/larger sizes but radials so you can have the pro street without the squirm-those things are available in some massive sizes!.If you really want a drag radial the best imo are the mickeys,I used all of them and they hands down hooked the best.

I think the age of this thread answers the question that I'm about to ask but are these an actual performance tire? I guess they're a pretty damn old design even if they are.

I called and spoke with a Hoosier tech support guy who gave me very little to go on with these tires. He couldn't say how they compared to the BFG Radial T/A (etc) class of tire. He said that they don't have a treadwear rating (though those aren't all that useful anyway) and he couldn't (or wouldn't) describe the type of compound (all season, summer only).

On the plus side, the do have a slightly higher speed rating than the 15" all season junk tires and they're available in a broad range of sizes.

On the downside, they're approximately 2x as expensive.

Any thoughts or experience with these tires?

@Oldmanmopar Your "revenge" disagree marker is funny but I'm glad you're getting the message from that other thread.

For the record, I actually disagreed with your comments in the coilover thread, especially the ones where you just swear or say something nasty.

Have a great day.

I think the idea of those tires is to provide a BIG radial tire for the guys that need huge tires on huge wheels, but want ordinary tires, not drag tires.
In the size referenced, If I didn't want drag radials, I would never spend that for that tire. Cooper cobras or Mastercraft, or something. Lots of good tires available in that kind of size.
Now, if you wanted an 18"section, for a 14" wide wheel, then yeah, the Hoosier would be viable.

I think the idea of those tires is to provide a BIG radial tire for the guys that need huge tires on huge wheels, but want ordinary tires, not drag tires.
In the size referenced, If I didn't want drag radials, I would never spend that for that tire. Cooper cobras or Mastercraft, or something. Lots of good tires available in that kind of size.
Now, if you wanted an 18"section, for a 14" wide wheel, then yeah, the Hoosier would be viable.

Yeah. This makes a lot of sense. Thanks!
Man, the world of 15" performance tires is a bleak place. :D

Gotta agree with that, if you're trying to go around corners fast. 15s however, have the BEST selection of drag tires and drag radials. The bigger wheels drag tires don't have the sidewall height that help make a drag tire really work.
The fifteens that are still available are usually appearance tires for the muscle car era. If you want your cars' handling to improve, I would look at a swap to 17s.

-
Back