Hoosier Quick Time D.O.T

-

Mopar2

Reaction score
Ive been thinking pretty serious about getting a set of Hoosier Quick Time D.O.T. Tires for my 68 dart with 6" wide cragers. Car is only a show car but I REALLY LOVE the look of a fatter tire. My question is what kind of milleage do you guys guess i'd get outta these tires if I drive easy without any burnouts (tire life NOT mpg)? and yes they will fit, i have seen many darts with that combo and my offset with factory fenders and spring location, if not i'll return em. And I know their bias, so ill give up ride quality for looks! I need the 26" tall tires for my 3.91s, would love to find this size in a radial but the 15"wheel swap is too much $$ for me right now!

thanks guys and heres a link to the specs on the tire I want.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOO-17030/

The last set of hoosiers I bought started getting rubber cracking on the sidewalks within six months of purchase from Jegs. I have had MT tires last years without that issue. No more Hoosiers for me

Form Summit:

"Hoosier's Quick Time D.O.T. tires feature a reduced tread pattern that somehow got D.O.T. approval, and a special soft compound that provides gobs of traction. This makes them ideal for drag racing classes that require a street legal tire."

If you need to ask about tire life, these are not the tire for you.

Form Summit:

"Hoosier's Quick Time D.O.T. tires feature a reduced tread pattern that somehow got D.O.T. approval, and a special soft compound that provides gobs of traction. This makes them ideal for drag racing classes that require a street legal tire."

If you need to ask about tire life, these are not the tire for you.

it was just a question, no need to be rude with what you think is the answer.

I had a set, same issue with the sidewalls dry rotting. Replaced them with a set of M/T drag radials. Much better tire.

I ran a set years ago and they stopped hookin before they were wore out. M/T ET streets were head and shoulders above them in durability.

thanks for all the info guys. Guess I will go with the mickey thompson radial et's.

-
Back