hope im not annoying anyone but..

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
ive asked before on here and i dont have a 100% sure answer. so, can anyone give me the length of a rearend that i would need to fit a 70 dart? what is the measure? can i have pictures of where to measure from as a referance, because i dont exactly know what the "perches" or "flanges" are and where on them i would go off of.

so if anyone can take a puic of what to measure w/ a arow or something pointin exactly where to measure from, i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks!

bump. i have a question. i used the mymopar link and it turns out one of my rears will work, its 51" flange to flange. but the perches may be sittiong to far out. is there a way to move these perches and keep the integrity of the structure?

you can either buy new ones and weld them on or carefully grind the welds on you perches till you can knock them loose, move them in, and weld them in the right place. New ones will end up looking much nicer though. I have moved a number of perches for different rigs, using the old ones, and never had an issue, they just look a bit beat up sometimes.

do you know if a rearend shop would do that kind of work? or would i need to do it myself? im no welder, so id rather pay someone to do it right the 1st time!

My suggestion is to look in a phone book for a welder/fabricator. If you don't find a welder call a couple garages. Surely somebody will know where there's a welder near you.

BTW: When you get the new perches welded on make absolutely certain they are welded on at the exact same angle as the stock ones were or it'll throw the pinion angle off.

the dimension for the A bodies rear end housings all sizes is WRONG on that chart.
All A body axle housings measure 52.625" outside of flange to outside of flange.
As per Dr.Diff and as it happens, measuring my old 7 1/4" as well.
Andrew

the dimension for the A bodies rear end housings all sizes is WRONG on that chart.
All A body axle housings measure 52.625" outside of flange to outside of flange.
As per Dr.Diff and as it happens, measuring my old 7 1/4" as well.
Andrew

Yep, my favorite pile of shite chart that has wrong info.

Correct lengths for the 8.75 rears
http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/axle/16.html

-
Back