Hope this storm dont get closer

-

CHEATHAM

Reaction score
Im in Corpus Christi and as of 10pm we are now under a tropical storm warning, im undecided if i should board up all the windows but i think im going to do it anyways, our weather man Dead Wrong Dale cant be to trusted. we'll see what happens in the morning

Yea it makes you nervous, there will be hurricane parties and if it misses us some folks get real pissed, some people are strange, im a little worried myself

That sucks

"weathermen" Who else can be wrong 90% of the time and keep there job (okay add my boss to that):toothy10:

Just across the bridge from you in Portland. We are going to decide in the morning on staying or leaving......

Check wunderground.com and NOAA and stormpulse. Those are 3 sites that the local news stations use to gather info on these storms. The site wunderground.com is the one I check most often during this time of year.

Be safe and make some good decisions I will take a look at what is going on.
Mother nature sure is making some strange moves this year, it seems like all the tornadoes are farther north of us here in Tornado alley here in North east Arkansas.
I see that carcrazyguy has gave you some good info.

My wife will find out if she is being held at the hospital in the morning. If she is not a hold over she is to leave town and come back as soon as the storm has passed for recovery efforts.

We have never stayed for a storm....and I don't plan on it. Once my wife finds out if she is a go or stay...we hit the road. Here is a pic from our IKE evacuation.

AmbulanceTrain.JPG

5or6more.jpg

MoreAmbulance.jpg

MoreGettingGas.jpg

SuppliesBeingReadied.jpg

Just across the bridge from you in Portland. We are going to decide in the morning on staying or leaving......

Check wunderground.com and NOAA and stormpulse. Those are 3 sites that the local news stations use to gather info on these storms. The site wunderground.com is the one I check most often during this time of year.
Hey i didnt know any1 else on here was from CRP, ill check out those weather sites, i use intellecast.com, its the one we use at the airport, its been 40yrs since we had a major hurricane and 1980 was a minor hurricane, we been lucky to have missed a lot of them, we can handle 45-70mph gust but continuous winds is what will tear stuff up around here.

I am here...didn't bring any Mopars with me though. To much rust issues here. I left my cars at my Dads place up in the dry Texas Panhandle. So these storms are my chance to go visit family (and my cars).

tropical storm warning, how bad is it really? (coming from the land of 80mph winds aren't uncommon)
I guess I don't get how you can leave, what about your homes and stuff. Do people stay?

It is not the wind that kills you. It is, what the wind is blowing around that does. A person can survive 150 mph winds no problem. But not many can survive getting hit by something at 75-100 mph. Not only that, I can live without a lot of things. However, A/C (when the heat index is 106-110), running water and electricity are something I require!

I guess I don't get how you can leave, what about your homes and stuff. Do people stay?

Considering that, all that is only material items, it can be replaced. I have no cars here other than our 2 daily drivers. Most all of our furniture is in storage in the Texas Panhandle since we only planned to be here for 2 years (but now going on 5 years). I have insurance on the house and even if I stay I can not help it stand up to a hurricane or flood. Once you stay and the power goes out and streets are flooded and blocked with debris, you are stuck! I live pretty close to the Gulf (less than a mile) so I take no chances. Everything I have can be replaced except for me and my wife!

Looks like it is going to stay south of us (Corpus Christi area). However that could change at any time. Just a wait and see game now..........

Today was a nice day along with the dark gray clouds and breezier and cooler, i took the dogs for a walk at the bayfront and the waters are def.sturred up, we'll see what happens tomorrow

Still looking like northern Mexico is the target. However, they are calling for approx 10" of rain, tropical storm winds and tornadoes for the Corpus area. We are going to make the final call in the morning on staying or going.

Our mantra here on the Va. coast is "prepare for the worst and hope for the best". I pray you guys can ride this one out with little disruption to life as you know it. Take care!

after watchn the news at 10 i think were gonna be fine, some brief heavy down pours and some wind but i wouldnt be suprised if we get nothing more than a sprinkle, its happened before

Im in Corpus Christi and as of 10pm we are now under a tropical storm warning, im undecided if i should board up all the windows but i think im going to do it anyways, our weather man Dead Wrong Dale cant be to trusted. we'll see what happens in the morning
You will be okay dude...I got hit by Ike and was out of power for 4 days...I was very lucky others were out of power for weeks...I have a good generator now and as soon as the storm intered the Gulf I filled up 10 five gallon gas tanks and put some stabil in them.....ride it out 8)

So far not much going on but some light on/off rain, there have been some torn. warnings but so far nice and breezy and cooler.havnt even heard a rumble of thunder

Cheatham - you floating away over there yet? We have had a LOT of rain over here in Portland. I have some pics from today that I will post this weekend when I have some free time.

No it hadnt rained much here at my place, maybe about 2in i know there has been down pours in different areas but all has been light rain and drizzle kinda like i thought it would be. Thnx to all that remembered us in your prayers for saftey. this is just the begining of the season so hopefully we'll avoid a direct hit

-
Back