horn button help please

-

63VALIANT*KISS

Reaction score
as i have said before electronic not my area at all so i am stuck i recently installed a grant steering wheel and bought the adaptor but since then my horn hasnt worked right idk how to make the horn work with the grant unless theres yet another peice ihave to buy from them . when i need to honk the way it works is i touch the blk wire to the steering wheel or bolts but does anyone know what i did wrong i cant put the wire where it says cause it constantly honks then. please help with ordering of the things or what i can do

can ya pull the wheel and the adaptor off and snap a few pic's,I might be able to steer ya in the right direction.

I had a similar problem with the Grant wheel that was on my car when I bought it. I think that some of the problem is that the horn set up is relatively cheap, and prone to problems. I had the constant honking problem as well, and wired in an external horn button on one of the steering wheel spokes. I eventually replaced the wheel with a stock wheel and that solved the problem.

Good luck.

BlindSquirrel

It should honk until you attach the spring over the Nut & bolt (tape on the spring will help hold the spring in place) then place the cap over the spring and push down over the collar with the wire tab (cap has 3 or 4 indentations and collar with tab has matching holes) then gently insert cap and twist a little. The cap will depress the spring and hold the collar away from the steering wheel assembly until you depress it - and the horn will blow.

Yep!!!
It should honk until you attach the spring over the Nut & bolt (tape on the spring will help hold the spring in place) then place the cap over the spring and push down over the collar with the wire tab (cap has 3 or 4 indentations and collar with tab has matching holes) then gently insert cap and twist a little. The cap will depress the spring and hold the collar away from the steering wheel assembly until you depress it - and the horn will blow.

thanks a ton guys it works great. and wtf i would nvr have been albe to get that with out taping the spring they should tell u to do that in the first place lol

-
Back