Horn location(s) in a '69 Barracuda??

-

Tjhoward84

1969 Barracuda Convertible
Reaction score
Can someone take a picture of the correct horn locations for a 1969 Barracuda? The wiring harness (Year One) we are installing in the car has hook ups for 2 horns. I've seen pictures of one horn installed on teh driver's side radiator core support. Where does the other go?

Thanks for the help.

Up towards the top of the radiator support on the passenger side. You should see an oval hole(for the mount tab) next to the bolt hole.

Not a good pic but I can get an exact pic tomorrow. Look close at the photo, they will mount between the radiator and the right apron up close the top of radiator support.

firewall.jpg

Perfect. I ordered some reproduction horns from Year One. They should be here mid-next week. The new wiring harness is in the car. She's almost ready to fire up after 14 years of sitting on the lift in the garage.

Here's a picture of the "FISHRAG"

Attachments

• IMG_20140331_202716.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_20140402_103144.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20140329_180524.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 175
Here is a pic of mine. I bent the brackets a bit to clear the catch can.

Attachments

• IMG_2550.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 201
Perfect. I ordered some reproduction horns from Year One. They should be here mid-next week. The new wiring harness is in the car. She's almost ready to fire up after 14 years of sitting on the lift in the garage.

Here's a picture of the "FISHRAG"

Nice car!

I need to drop the rear end. It's way too high.

The entire car has the front and rear Hotchkis TVS (Total Vehicle System) suspension. I'm going to wait until I get the doors, top and interior in before I lower it but I'm thinking 2-3 inches in the rear.

Here's a pic of where the horns go. Wiring on the front side of the core support and fed through the large hole to the horns.
Andy

Attachments

• Driverside inner fender replace (16).jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 183
-
Back