Horn Sticking

-

Cudakid2967

Reaction score
Hi, have a 67 cuda that has the problem with the horn sticking on. The car got a brand new wiring kit and all the wires, expect for the wires in the column, got replaced. Hoped that was going to fix it but unfortunately didn't. Where should I start looking for problems and what should I look for or do? Thank you

Horn Ring on the backside of the Steering Wheel Shorting to the Bolt in the Blinker Switch...
Or, maybe your Horn Relay on the Firewall has gone out.

dr.jpg

Last edited:
On mine......if you use the wrong holes in the horn ring mounting or button mounting the horn stays on all the time
move the bolts or turn the spring horn press button round 1 space and the horn doesnt' stay on all the time. i.e the position of screws and or the postion of the switch can put a set of holes in line with the boss holes, that make it seem like the horn button is pressed all the time.

yours may differ.. mine is australian 1971 with tuffwheel and the padded centre push horn. it uses the US part as the "sprung" horn push. pressing it shorts 1 part of the switch to earth completing the circuit upside down or in wrong place and the circuit stays completed all the time..... Beep.......

Dave

-
Back