Horror movies....

-
Octaman 1971.. What a goofy film

15356__x400_octaman_poster_01.jpg

Octomom???

Yeah, pretty bad...

back in the 80s, WPTY station, had a show that came on every Saturday night at 10:30 called Creature Feature .and all they showed was B horror movies. Ahhh, the good ole days.

back in the 80s, WPTY station, had a show that came on every Saturday night at 10:30 called Creature Feature .and all they showed was B horror movies. Ahhh, the good ole days.

Those were the good old days, in the Tampa Bay area channel 44 I think had Creature Feature, hosted by Dr. Paul Bearer.

I used to drive by Dr. Paul Bearer's 62(?) cadilac hearse at least weekly.
It sat there for years and finally sold IIRC for about 3K.

Up in Ohio we had Dr. Creep from 1972 to 1984.
He would also attend/MC local Jaycees haunted houses.
Man I miss those.
Cold weather, party atmosphere, and frightened young women clinging to you.

I believe Dr. Paul Bearer JR has been making public appearances lately.

Out in our area we have the son of svenghouly . He hosts anything from old 50's nuclear spoofs like "them" to the classics of Vincent Price, Boris Karl, Bella Lagosi and Lon Chaney Jr.
I'm surprised no one mentioned Dead n Breakfast. As good as Dale n Tucker.
As far as absolutely disgusting, when I was a young'n there was a film released as the house of fun. Later it was rereleased as last house on dead end street. I saw this at a drive-in at the age of 6 or 7 . I was immediately ruined. No other film seems to compare. The filthiest most disturbing show ever.
I hear it's now available through Netflix. Some reassembled copy from a dozen or so theater copies.

Svengoolie airs on Pittsburgh Channel 11 on Saturday nights
Elvira's macabre theater used to air at 5 am on wtae
I grew up watching Chiller Theater every Saturday night
We named our black German Shepard Bela Lugosi
We were going to get another one all white but $1100 was not in the budget
He would have been named Boris Karloff

:happy1::wav:

Our local CBS station used to run The Creature From The Black Lagoon once a year in 3D. There were 3D glasses in lots of local business you could get for free. Of course, having only one eye, I could not take advantage of the 3D, but it was still cool for the whole family to look forward to. Stuff like that is lacking today, IMO.

-
Back