Hot Aug Nites Swap in Sacramento

-
Here's somthin that might be worth a little more of a drive, It's not mine but maybe worth somthin to someone here.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org:80/pts/777077623.html

have a 66 barracuda that could be restored or used for parts/race car,or ??.almost complete. has a 273 that needs rebuilt,auto trans(cond unknown).solid body except r-rear quarter is rusted out(have donor quarter)all glass is good,interior kinda rough....i do have a title(oregon)......$500...530-347-1387.........delivery to sac area might be possible for cost of fuel.

it was alright. i found nothing for my 63 valiant slant six. but ben scored some parts. it was a good turnout, especially if you were looking for ford or chevy stuff. its always nice to meet up with people from the forum. i look forward to more events coming up.

Picked up a few dealer Pentastar items. There was one gentleman who had a whole box of exterior trim for a Valiant 200. And another guy who had a cherry set of headlight rings for 63-64 Dart for $60. And guess what I didn't have $60. After killing my piggy bank/change bucket I had enough to get into the swap, and $20 to play with. I hope someone from here picked them up, that is if he doesn't call me and such as I gave him my info. I hope he calls.

how was it..?

Well, I thought it was pretty damn good for it being the first year at this venue. I saw more Mopar stuff than I would have at any of the Pleasanton Goodguys swaps. There were lots of SB/BB OEM/aftermarket intake manifolds and valve covers and steelie wheels. A small block tunnel ram setup with carbs was very hard to pass up. There was a complete long ram setup and quite of bit of vintage hemi stuff (426, 392, 241, etc.) You really just have to keep an eye for Mopar stuff.

Like I told Aaron, if you see one or two small Mopar pieces/boxes in a spot dominated by Chevy or Ford stuff, it's worthwhile to stop and look through all of their stuff and that happened to be the case. I kept finding Mopar stuff in swap spots that had mainly GM/Ford parts. My big score for the day was a brand new MP chrome timing chain cover still in the box with seal and gasket for $35. I also picked up 11 misc Mopar emblems ranging from the 30s to the 70s for $3/ea, and various other trim/ moulding. I also picked up two full hubcaps for the '71 Dart to replace two seriously dented caps until I get the wheels painted body color and put the dog dishes on.

After all was said and done, we headed to the parking lot, snacked on olives & chips and homemade dip (made by slantscamp's gal), Q'd up some dogs/sausages (with all the condiments) and had some ice cold drinks (which was nice after walking around in the Sacramento heat for a few hours). The only thing we missed was the mac/potato salad. Sharpie, what happened? I saw on Moparts that you said you were there. Next time, stop by and join us ... and bring some mac/potato salad. ;-). 64dartwagon, you should have stopped by too and grabbed something to eat before heading out. Anyway, as Aaron said, it's always fun to get together when the occasion arises. Also, my friend Phyllis (from the Mopar Mailing List and soon to be a FABOer) joined us. I've attached some pics below from Sunday and a link to a few additional pics.

PS Just wanted to thank Aaron (slantscamp) for helping me carry a few things around through the swap until we got back to the truck. Thanks Aaron!

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm5/MyCarsNStuff/Car Shows and Events/Reno Swapmeet 08/

IMG_3849.jpg

IMG_3852.jpg

IMG_3858.jpg

IMG_3864.jpg

IMG_3868.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg

IMG_3879.jpg

IMG_3859.jpg

IMG_3870.jpg

I left there around 10:30-11:00 as I got one of those wonderful phone calls from the family that there was a killer toilet trying to drown everyone in the house. I bought a dealer sign from the guy with the new timing cover. Real nice guy and he had sweet prices. Did you see the chrome aircleaner he had for $40? I only find stuff for sweet deals when I have absolutely no F*%^ing money!!!

I left there around 10:30-11:00 as I got one of those wonderful phone calls from the family that there was a killer toilet trying to drown everyone in the house. I bought a dealer sign from the guy with the new timing cover. Real nice guy and he had sweet prices. Did you see the chrome aircleaner he had for $40? I only find stuff for sweet deals when I have absolutely no F*%^ing money!!!

The air cleaner must have been picked up before I came by. He had a new MP Chrome timing chain cover for a BB for $20 but didn't need that. Well, hopefully the toilet didn't claim any lives and that we meet up at the next event. We didn't have long enough to chat it up at the Capital City Mopar show.

Ben, I called you three times, but it went to your voicemail every time. I went, it was okay, but I didn't really find anything worth the money.

No worries. I was just teasing. Next time, leave a message. A few of us are planning on meeting at Billetproof (Antioch) in Sept if you are interested.

I might. It's not usually my thing, the sleds and rat rods and such, but who knows.

I might. It's not usually my thing, the sleds and rat rods and such, but who knows.

It's not everyone's cup of tea but you never know where inspiration may come from (probably the reason I like to attend so many different types of auto events). And sometimes, it's just to meet up with people I like and not so much what's being shown. In this case, they are both equally important.

-
Back