hot august nights reno nv

-

440SCOUT

Reaction score
anyone going to be here..
i will be at the swap thurs-sat
and at the fernley drags fri-sat nite

will be at the A&W on thursday night where the mopar meet in reno

hot august nights is crazy for me every year no matter what ..
we (my wife, daughter,my mom , and dad) tried cruising downtown sparks on monday nite because it was the only nite that was open cruise(non hot august nights registered cars can cruise) but we only made it about a mile in about an hour and never even made it into downtown sparks. but we did meet a lot of nice people while pushing over heating cars out of the lanes..
tuesday we went to the open cruise at the atlantis and it was a full house as always, good time and i got my yearly pic, this time in my 64 b-cuda that was on the road for the first time in 13 years (im pretty excited about it)..
wednesday i got all my stuff moved down and setup at the swap meet, wed cruise at the a&w.
thursday swap and rain, then i passed out..
friday swap, and cruise atlantis and a&w again
saturday swap, party at my bros for all of my out of town friends,then we went to the fernley drags..
like i said in another post the swap was approx 40% smaller in my estimation, i still got rid of a ton of my stuff and made a little money (of which i spent while i was there, its a cycle lol) and gave a lot of stuff away..
i heard they raised the car limit again this year (6000 or 6500 i can remember) . but basically anywhere you went there was a vintage car parking section ...
like i said a lot of my local friends hate it because of the crowding but as long as i can stay away from downtown reno, i have a great time every year..

hot august nights is crazy for me every year no matter what ..
we (my wife, daughter,my mom , and dad) tried cruising downtown sparks on monday nite because it was the only nite that was open cruise(non hot august nights registered cars can cruise) but we only made it about a mile in about an hour and never even made it into downtown sparks. but we did meet a lot of nice people while pushing over heating cars out of the lanes..
tuesday we went to the open cruise at the atlantis and it was a full house as always, good time and i got my yearly pic, this time in my 64 b-cuda that was on the road for the first time in 13 years (im pretty excited about it)..
wednesday i got all my stuff moved down and setup at the swap meet, wed cruise at the a&w.
thursday swap and rain, then i passed out..
friday swap, and cruise atlantis and a&w again
saturday swap, party at my bros for all of my out of town friends,then we went to the fernley drags..
like i said in another post the swap was approx 40% smaller in my estimation, i still got rid of a ton of my stuff and made a little money (of which i spent while i was there, its a cycle lol) and gave a lot of stuff away..
i heard they raised the car limit again this year (6000 or 6500 i can remember) . but basically anywhere you went there was a vintage car parking section ...
like i said a lot of my local friends hate it because of the crowding but as long as i can stay away from downtown reno, i have a great time every year..

I'm from Reno and work at the Atlantis and the nugget last year, the real bummer of Han is when it rains, they close off major cruising streets early, having to park a mile away and hike to work, rain and the general morons who come up, saw a hit and run one year. This poor old guy in a 57 chevy was totaled by some kid in an suv, that poor man had a nice car.

Man, i lived in Fernley from june 2001 to june 2002. Then they built the drag strip after i left. Is it 1/4 or 8th? I've been to HAN twice, lots of fun! I used to work at Summit Racing in Sparks for the year I was there.

I still live in Fernley (unfortunately) and the drag strip is the straight away on the road course, 1/4. Theres some bad bumps in it though, bad enough that somebody lost control and got killed there last year. Swap meet was way smaller this year, kind of disappointing. Lots of cool cars. I brought my B7 blue 69 RR to A&W on Friday, its first outing since completion.

-
Back