Hot Rod Humpday at American Motorsports pics

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
Every Wednesday American Motorsports has a small car show in the parking lot. It's an hour drive for me, but my brother lives in the town, so I go a couple times a month for the show and dinner. The owner has a Challenger that is pretty heavily built. It was a cold and cloudy day, so the turnout was not to big tonight. Last time there were about 30 cars but it was sunny and 78 degrees. Tonight had about 20 off and on. Here are some pics. It will take two posts to get them all.

The "car bar" owner's car. Low 11 secomd Challenger. I think I can take him.
View attachment owners challenger.jpg
View attachment challenger engine.jpg

A nice Swinger with a new paint job that wasn't color sanded yet. Very nice car, and I love the grill. I think he set the bumper back, it fits very tight.
View attachment swinger.jpg
View attachment nice swinger grill.jpg

I used to have a newer version of this. I love the old Cougars.
View attachment cougar xr7.jpg

A very nice Fairlane.
View attachment Fairlane.jpg

A Marilyn Monroe tribute car. Kind of cheesy, but nice looking car.
View attachment Marilyn rod.jpg

A very nice car and it's engine.
View attachment nice rod.jpg
View attachment rod engine.jpg

And some more. The SS looked and sounded so nice until I got close to it. The motor is perfect. A nicely built 396. The body was terrible. From a distance it looked great. Up close I would guess it had been rolled and the body work was done by some kid in his first months at body tech school. Rolling waves, sand marks, flat spots, etc ... on the hood, roof and trunk. Terrible body work and very noticeable. Too bad, because the car could be great.

Nice Chevy C10.
View attachment chevy c10.jpg
View attachment c10 engine.jpg

Chevy SS
View attachment chevy ss.jpg
View attachment 396.jpg

Nice! Thanks for postin. I really like the Cougar.

But Ford still sucks.

I gotta make it over there one of these Wednesday nights. "Shorty"(bar owner) does all of our glass (Shannon Glass Co.) at our shop for us. Great guy!

I gotta make it over there one of these Wednesday nights. "Shorty"(bar owner) does all of our glass (Shannon Glass Co.) at our shop for us. Great guy!

If you decide to go, let me know. I would love to meet some FABO members here in the midwest. Are you going to Mopars in the Park?

If you decide to go, let me know. I would love to meet some FABO members here in the midwest. Are you going to Mopars in the Park?

Yeah, I'll be there on Saturday with my truck in the "Car Corral"
Everybody is meeting at 1:00 pm near the A-body class

Attachments

• IMG_3891 copy.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 84
-
Back