hot wire harness installation question

-

dartman 440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
where is everyone drilling the large hole for the wiring connnectors with this hotwire harness ? seems like if its on the firewall wil stick out like a sore thumb . just looking for some ideas of what other ways you guys may have run yours . please let me know your thoughts and ideas, thanks ed

If you check my thread in this group, my wiring guy used the hole originally fit the heater core and it basically provides an invisible location to get the harness to pass under the factory 6.4 cover.

This obviously means you’d be doing the retrofit AC /heater system which uses the factory hole for the blower motor for both the AC lines and heater core.

It clearly tells you in the paperwork provided with the harness. But, it should be behind passenger side cylinder head. Approximately in the head, block, intake meeting area.

oh i read it , but i just thinking it will look less than desirable in that location and thought maybe someone else had done it there own way and made it look more desirable , thanks ed

If you check my thread in this group, my wiring guy used the hole originally fit the heater core and it basically provides an invisible location to get the harness to pass under the factory 6.4 cover.

This obviously means you’d be doing the retrofit AC /heater system which uses the factory hole for the blower motor for both the AC lines and heater core.
i will check it out , thanks ed

Clutch pedal plug.
For a single wire, cut the tip off a firewall insulation nail.
Image1.jpg

Alan

I put the hole approximately where the A/C drain hole would be located. It's well hidden.

20230627_155235.jpg

20230627_155247.jpg

16878957925487693287333154130989.jpg

You can see the hole in my photo below the heater hose holes.

You cannot see this after the engine is installed.

IMG_0807.jpg

-
Back