Hotchkis Subframe connectors on a 1968 Dart?

-

684door

Reaction score
I put my 68 Dart on the lift yesterday to weld in my mopar bolt in subframe connectors. Mocked up the passenger side and it looked great. Then I started to mock up the drivers side. The front would not work because it ran into the parking brake cable coming through the frame. Is there any connectors that avoid this on a 67-69 Dart. I do not want the us tool ones that weld to the floor. I don't want the work of removing the interior. I noticed Hotchkis has a 111" set but it says 70-76 Dart. Anyone use these on a 67-69 Dart? Let me know. Thanks

Call Hotchkis & ask, they are easy to talk to on the phone. But, I'm sure they wouldn't exclude 67,68,& 69 Darts from using a specific part number unless they felt there was a reason.
I went & looked it up, Funny, it does say 71-76 A body, but then also says
check.png
This Part Fits your 1968 Dodge Dart

Does the Mopar ones not just let the brake cable "ride" up & over the connector?

Last edited:
some of these cars are 108" wheelbase and some are 111" - measure your WB or do some home work before ordering! (they do not interchange)

installed a set from safety-cap on a bbody. a window was cut/ milled out to run cable through the sq. tubing. was 2x2 or 2x3. can't remember.nice touch/products.

Well, here is an update on Hotchkis Subframe Connectors fit. They fit perfectly. My 68 Dart has the parking brake cable coming thru the frame right near the torsion bar. The Mopar Perf. ones didn't fit there at all and were so high up in towards the floor that the parking brake cable would be hindered. If you want a semi competition style frame connector that fits well while leaving all factory parts in their original location, this is your part. The US Tool full connector that welds to the floor is the best for strength no doubt. You can make your own, true. But these are fairly reasonable in price, already powder coated, and does a good job stiffening unibody flex on street/strip street machines.

-
Back