Houdini has nothing on our coon dog escape artist

-

Brooks James

VET, CPT, Huey Medevac Pilot
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally had to do an electric fence. I was hoping to video her first encounter with the fence but missed it. We heard a sharp yelp and she came in the house crying with her tail between her legs.. Yes, I Tested it on myself, its not harmful but definitely gets your attention ! Shes 50 lbs of pure muscle

1122210750a.jpg

1122210749a_HDR.jpg

1122210749_HDR.jpg

1122210749.jpg

1122210748_HDR.jpg

0924211759a.jpg

Last edited:
20181116_080443.jpg

Scamp has never been an escape artist. She's too damn spoiled to want to leave. Lol. Love those Red Ticks!

Scamp came from a local breeder. She was brought in to a vet office where my cousin works. She was sickly and couldn't walk, couldn't use her back legs. They didn't want to take the time or spend the money and said put her down. So, my cousin had them sign off on her and took her on. Spent two days with her and had her up and kinda walking. We took over from there and the rest is history. So with Scamp bein the runt of the litter, she's had an amazing attitude. Walked her around the boundaries with a training collar. She does really well. Wish you luck with your Red Tick! I love them ol hound dogs!

Scamp came from a local breeder. She was brought in to a vet office where my cousin works. She was sickly and couldn't walk, couldn't use her back legs. They didn't want to take the time or spend the money and said put her down. So, my cousin had them sign off on her and took her on. Spent two days with her and had her up and kinda walking. We took over from there and the rest is history. So with Scamp bein the runt of the litter, she's had an amazing attitude. Walked her around the boundaries with a training collar. She does really well. Wish you luck with your Red Tick! I love them ol hound dogs!
Good for you !
Im convinced that rescue dogs are extremely grateful and never forgot that you gave them a good home. Actually Trixie is a Treeing Walker Coon Hound with a little of some other breed mixed in

Ah, a Tree Walker. That would probably explain the climbing escapes.

WOW that's a determined dog for sure. I had a boxer mix that pulled the new welded wire horse fence apart with his teeth just so he could walk around and lay on the front porch.

-
Back