How about some promos

-

fishman

Reaction score
It's a rainy day in Va. I pulled some of my old stuff out and took a couple pics. I pcked these up at the dealer my dad worked at when i was a kid. Hope some of ya'll enjoy.

promo cars 001 (Small).jpg

promo cars 002 (Small).jpg

promo cars 003 (Small).jpg

promo cars 004 (Small) (2).jpg

That's another long neglected hobby of mine, model cars. You have a few very valuable pieces there... protect them wisely.

I have 2 red `68 Barracuda promos like yours.... If you know anyone with a pair of duplicates cars in a different color ask if they would be interested in swapping our doubles. There's a blue one on e-Bay now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1968-Plymouth-Barracuda-2dr-ht-MPC-Promo_W0QQitemZ140265690711QQihZ004QQcategoryZ2592QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Just a touch rich for my tastes these days....although they never made a Turquoise one. :angry7:

That red Cuda is a 67. This other pic is one that you don't see very often. This is the turbine concept that Chrysler had on display at the worlds fair in NYC in 1965.

promo cars 005 (Small).jpg

promo cars 006 (Small).jpg

I didn't notice the finned hood inserts on that `67.

Those old Turbine car promos have been re-issued recently, but the 300 `vert Pace Car has to be up there too. Nice stuff. Thanks for sharing!

Cool stuff, my dad died in 71 so that ended my conection. The puzzel of the 65 pace car has never been taken out of the plastic. Thats only because I had about 50 of them to mess up and give away.

What are these, the promo cars that dealers gave away while they're promoting the cars? If so, I've got a pair of vipers..

IMG_0804.JPG

The red one and the black one. I think they're 1992 & 1993, not positive.

If you're talking about something else then just ignore me.

Thats right mikel the factory used to sent alkinds (is that a word) of neet stuff to the dealership. I guess they still do. BTW Mikel the intake I got from you is seeing some action now.

Thats right mikel the factory used to sent alkinds (is that a word) of neet stuff to the dealership. I guess they still do. BTW Mikel the intake I got from you is seeing some action now.

Good to hear!

The red Viper a friend of mine picked up at a local Dodge dealer before they hit the streets... the other one he got for me a year later. I've got the boxes to them... somewhere.

I had an english teacher in high school who was also my water polo coach that drove one of the turbine cars to school. His father was some wig for Chrysler.This was in Costa Mesa, Calif. at Estancia High School. First school of it's kind. Experimental. Carpet on the floors with no doors on the rooms. You could look across the corridor and see the other classes but couldn't hear em. That was a cool car.

-
Back