How Ashe Got Her Name

-

ABodyBetty

Reaction score
I will say before someone else does. Yes I am crazy and need professional help because I name my cars. So no one needs to tell me that because I fully confess I need professional help. Can anyone else admit that???

Anyway, we recently got a 1973 Duster and it was spending some quality time up at Yard Dawg's house. We hadn't name the car because she hasn't been around for us to get to know her. Well the other day mother nature decided she would help us name her. An ash tree fell on her during a storm the other day so she has been christianed with the name Ashe. After being cut out of the tree she is safely home now and I can't wait until she is up and running. I love the shape and the color of her. There are plenty of pics of her on the car hunt thread if you haven't seen them. I am just going to post one of two to let you see her and the tree.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 224
  • 2.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 191
  • 23.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 24.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 25.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 216
I have a big soft spot for '73 Dusters. And you have a cool story to go with her already. BTW, we named our '65 Dart too so I don't think you're crazy, lol.

Mother nature sure has been busy Betty :shock::shock:
It looks like Ashe survived :thumbrig:
I admit :icon_smi:I do name my cars and proud of it ABodyBetty
That still don't mean I don't need help :D
That sure was close :shock:
I am so happy Ashe is home now, Say :hello2: to everyone for me :icon_smi:

Mother nature sure has been busy Betty :shock::shock:
It looks like Ashe survived :thumbrig:
I admit :icon_smi:I do name my cars and proud of it ABodyBetty
That still don't mean I don't need help :D
That sure was close :shock:
I am so happy Ashe is home now, Say :hello2: to everyone for me :icon_smi:

It could have been a lot worse. When John called me and said a tree fell on her roof I thought it smashed the whole thing it. We were lucky that it didn't. How is Victoria doing?

Congratulations on Ashe, cool name. You and John sure are caretakers of many a-bodies.

Congratulations on Ashe, cool name. You and John sure are caretakers of many a-bodies.

Why thank you. I kinda like the name as well. Hopefully I can get the other half to get busy working on it. If I didn't work full time and go to college full time I might go out there and help. I am over worked and overbooked. But the good thing is in six months I will have my long awaited Bachelor's degree.

Nice ashe. lol Sorry couldnt help myself.Looks like a great start. Is that your first two door?

It could have been a lot worse. When John called me and said a tree fell on her roof I thought it smashed the whole thing it. We were lucky that it didn't. How is Victoria doing?
I bet that was a phone call you will never forget :wink:
I have the wire harness John was soooo nice and good enough to send me and FAST I must say 8-)8-) to come to my rescue :grin: The harness is in and I am awaiting the distributor to arrive and this crazy weather to make up it's mind :angry8:
I have been moving forward. I am sure you seen the thread where Victoria was struck by lightning, and I keep removing parts and getting ran back in the house by rain and storms :brave:

Attachments

• Back to my old 3800 phinpix camera.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 118
My ex used to refer to my 67 Barracuda as "that *****" as in "you spend more time with "that *****" then you do with me"....

does that count?

-
Back