How did Pinks go, Quuick 408?

-

sst3193

Reaction score
I wanted so badly to get up to Norwalk to cheer for ya and I suppose I should have just got on the bike and rode up, but didn't. I still wanna know what happened tho? and I'd bet I'm not alone?

Guys, the weekend was nice, it was very hot, but we all made it through. My car went 9.75 off the trailer at 98 degrees outside temp. Of course that was after I went into town and bought 2 new Optima batteries as mine did not fair to well in the hot trailer. It cooled off a bit late on and I ran a 9.70. Weather was pretty threatening overnight but the storms disapated and left us with a nice cooler overcast day on Saturday. By cooler I mean upper 80's. My first pass Saturday I cranked the wheelie bars up a bit to try and get noticed a little and went out and turned a 9.68. I felt good about the chances of a 9.6-9.7 class being picked. On the Arm drop round with Rich the car ran really well, I would have guessed 9.69-9.71 range, but we did not get time slips on that pass. They picked another 10.0 class to compete so I was left out. Bummer seeing as though I have been running a 10.0 index class all season and have a good tune up for that time range. A very good friend of mine (David and Allen Ross) made the field and mowed them down to take the 10k. I tried to help them in the pits so I may be in the background during the broadcast. I tried to stay out of the light and give them all the spotlight possible. It was still a good time.

Glad you had a good time Lonnie. Sure would have liked to have seen you in the 16 though. It's great that your friends took the cash. I hope they drive a Mopar. I will be watching for the race on Speed.

Jack

Hey Lonnie!

Did those guys give you a heads-up as to when this will be broadcasted.

We found it difficult at best to get answers from the track or the Pinks crew.
It was a great weekend, I still don't quite understand how they made the selection on the last 32 to compete.

Just having the opportunety to make it for the event is something in itself.

Nice to see a MOPAR won!

PS: Here's a pic of your Dart in the staging lanes.
I also took a couple videos, but they did not turn out great.

http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/...rwalk/?action=view&current=Pinksallout026.jpg

All the best,
Giles (let us know when it's broadcasted)

Here's a clip with Rich on Sat. you don't see him much.
http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/...nks Norwalk/?action=view&current=b2fe7aed.pbr

Well that sucks Lonnie that they didn't pick your bracket to compete. It would be nice to know ahead of time. But atleast you had fun!

For all who don't know it was a '68 Charger that won the Pinks All-Out at Norwalk. It was great 65 year young Dave Ross mowed down the competition. He tree'd everyone:supz:, I guess his experience at "arm-drop" racing was too much for the youngsters. Great job to Dave and Bob George racing, for flying the Pentastar proudly.:cheers:

:cheers: KICK ***!!! Nice to see another mopar win, even if it's not an A-Body. :cheers:

-
Back