How did you become addicted to MoPar?

-
some of my earliest memories are of handing my dad tools while he worked on his '70 challenger. Chevy has always been a dirty word in my household

Growing up in Fla in the '60's, in my parent's circle of friends Mopars were very popular, even had Chrysler engines in their boats, everyone liked the engineering and the styling. I thought our neighbors '68 Polara 2 dr was the coolest car ever with the fasttop roofline and tail light panel stretching all the way across. Also I was addicted to the sound of the Mopar starter. My Mom drove her '66 Valiant from 1966-1996.

i was probably created in a dodge aspen the same car my father drove me home from the hospital in, my father says that he got into the throtle on a strech on the way home and as soon as the v8 started roaring (Well as much as a basicly stock 318 with duals in an aspen can roar) i was smilling and happy so no turning back since then..

That was then, This was how #1

Attachments

• dart1.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 74
  • dust2.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 661.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 80
Well I was brought up in a mopar family, Dad drove Darts, a 1961Seneca first I think, then a '68 four door with a 273 auto that I learned how to drive in, then my Mom bought a new '69 Super Bee. I was hooked for sure. My brother had a '63 Dart GT with a /6 back in '66. Always been around them, always will.,,,

Besides my dad's side of the family being Dodge/Chrysler loyalists (not necessarily Mopar); one of my babysitters sons had a blue 1970-ish Roadrunner with a 440 in it that I fell in love with.

Like many of the above have said, born and raised in a all Mopar family. Dad was into Mopars as a kid with a '36 Plymouth when he married Mom in '47 A few Chryslers, '53 '63 and his first new car, '68 Coronet R/T.Both older brothers and a sister, all turned into gear heads. I got my first at 14 years of age, a 66 Valiant 100 170 three on the tree.

I got into Mopar when my Dad came home with a new Canadian '64 Valiant Signet 2 door hardtop. In '67 I got a '63 Valiant Signet 2 door hardtop and traded it for my new '68 Barracuda that I still have. It's still original, even the paint.

Attachments

• 7 Cuda Left rear side.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 87
In 1968 I bought a Nova SS. My family was always G M folks. Well along came 1970 and I was being sent out of town to school for the job I had. I had to pass a Chrysler dealer and one day there set a 70/340 Wedge Duster. Damn I had to stop and test drive this sweet looking peice of steel. End of story when I got back the only question I had was what will you give me for this Nova. I drove the Duster home and here I am some 41 years later with the car of my dreams setting in the garage again. This is not the exact same car this one has bucket seats and alot more horse power. This one will never get away from me.

I was 10 and my father pull up in front of the house with a brand new 1968 Dodge Coronet 440, burgandy, black interior station wagon and I fell in love. I remember sitting on the tail gate delivering the morning news papers...... and laying on the roof with my brothers at the drive in......... wow....great memories..... that is when I knew that Dodge/Plymouth was the car for me!

Come on guys, Has to be a reason you chose Mopars over C or F or for the young guns imports.

SHARE IT WITH US!
When I was 16 I bought a 1969 Roadrunner. 383, Hurst 4 speed, pozi...yeah baby. Anyway, the cooliest kid in town, had a 72 Monte Carlo with a built 350, Holly 650, Headers, side pipes...blah...blah...and he had to race me. I, In my stock mopar blew his friggin doors off. Why am I hooked on mopars? Well, your either with us....or your behind us!
Currently have a 73 Swinger, 69 Barracuda notchback and 66 Satellite (shes a b body, but I love her just the same)

-
Back