How do I install this emblem??

-

emydemon

Reaction score
Just got the "Dart" decklid emblem in from Year One for my '72 Demon. First of all, there's a promo code you use when checking out online "10FGS" that's supposed to give 10% off, but gave me $10 off instead (wooohooo)....so, y'all should look into that if there's something you need from that site.

Ok, so my emblem arrived today and I'm all excited. Trot out to the shop....it fits!!....lift the decklid to put the nut thingys on to fasten it in place.... and WTF??? There's no way to reach the prongs unless I can magically get through the metal. This is literally the last bit of bling to put on a beautiful new paint/stripe job. Surely there is some way to reach the back of that damn emblem from underneath the decklid.

Any ideas?

Emblem barrel nuts. Slips on the pins
IMG_3252.JPG

Not sure what year your car is, but they also used double sided tape on a lot of them. The prongs just locate it.

TimsGT, thanks! Year One sent the crappy back plate-style ones with the emblem. I'm not sure the barrel nuts will fit the diameter of the holes, but I'll pick some up and give it a whirl.

69_340_GTS, it's a '72. I haven't found hardly any info at all on this, so that's some good direction. I'm going to do that with the pentastar on the fender anyway. The guy that did the first restoration on my car in the '90s welded over the marker lights and holes for the pentastar. No idea why, but they did a nice job, so I left it as is.

TimsGT, thanks! Year One sent the crappy back plate-style ones with the emblem. I'm not sure the barrel nuts will fit the diameter of the holes, but I'll pick some up and give it a whirl.

69_340_GTS, it's a '72. I haven't found hardly any info at all on this, so that's some good direction. I'm going to do that with the pentastar on the fender anyway. The guy that did the first restoration on my car in the '90s welded over the marker lights and holes for the pentastar. No idea why, but they did a nice job, so I left it as is.
Just make sure you use the good 3M tape, and clean both parts with their cleaner/primer. Guaranteed never to fall off!

Just make sure you use the good 3M tape, and clean both parts with their cleaner/primer. Guaranteed never to fall off!

Surface should be at least 50° - 90°, Adhesive should be between 70° - 90° for good adhesion; wet wipe and dry wipe the surface before installing...

Press on hard with good pressure for adhesive to stick... A good roller would work great...

Last edited:
-
Back