How do I know if a car is Numbers matching?

-

autologus

Wrencher wanabe
Reaction score
How do I know if a car is numbers matching or not. Can someone explain what I need to look for to varifiy a numbers matching car.

Thanks,
Grady

There are several ways to identify a matchng numbers mopar, but these are the easiest. First is the engine and trans. On big and small blocks after 69, the last 6 digits of the vin are stamped on the engine block, passanger side above the oil pan and the trans has the same 6 digit stamping on that side as well. The body also has the last six digits displayed in several spots as well. Inner fenders, top of radiator support and rear trunck deck support. There may be others, but these are where the small blocks were identifed.

On earlier years, I think the only difference is that the entire vin sequence # is stamped instead fo the last six number sequence. If the engine or trans was a waranty replacement, then vin boss will be blank.

Thanks for the reply I just bought a 72 Duster 340 that is supposed to be a numbers matching car and I wanted to know how to varify that it is indeed a numbers matching car. It looks very nice Lemon Twist with black stripes 340 with 727 and 8 3/4 SG. Black vynil top.

Thanks,
Grady

autologus said:
Thanks for the reply I just bought a 72 Duster 340 that is supposed to be a numbers matching car and I wanted to know how to varify that it is indeed a numbers matching car. It looks very nice Lemon Twist with black stripes 340 with 727 and 8 3/4 SG. Black vynil top.

Thanks,
Grady

:worthles:

Im from Arkansas. Ive been getting spring fever really bad and now I have something I can get out and drive around a bit. My wife says im driving her crazy but I think me and my son will enjoy it alot. I have been wanting a muscle car for along time and was wanting a mopar and came across this car at a good deal and could not pass it up. Ok I managed to get a pic of the car, hope you like it. That is original paint and stripes but the top is new.

54_3.jpg

54_3.jpg

-
Back