How do I pull front and rear windshield trim?

-

flyboy01

Its almost done!
Reaction score
How do I pull front and rear windshield trim? It looks like it is a real tight fit to the rubber gastket on my 68 Dart. I can seem to pry it up enough to see any clips.

Check this thread http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=14612
I just did this myself and you are right it is hard to see whats going on. The trick is you wont see it is all feel, You must have the right tool. I think in the thread there is a picture of one. I found it easier to start at the top ( less crud and stuff ) and just take your time. For me it was 2-3 sessions, not long but it frustrating so rather than tearing up my molding I just went inside and gave it a go later. The front was the worst but again start at the top and take your time.

I think I will check with eastwood next week for the trim tool, I have to order some stuff anyway, I'll just add that to the list.

I'm pulling the trim on a '72 Swinger, and it's a job. It had a vinyl top, and I won't be replacing it. Will I have to change the clips to take up the slack, without the vinyl in there??
Thanks,
BBBanjo

If the window, or windhield has been replaced at an ealier time, there may be excessive buildup of adhesive, which makes removal a real pain in the a... My windshield was easy, but removing trim from a parts car was a bear. Take your time, take breaks during the process. Goodluck Howard

I just ordered a tool from Eastwood, along with all the rust resto stuff they make. On a related subject, can you get new windshiled glass for a 68 Dart.

You shouls be able to find good stuff down there in TX. I found a guy up here in PA who sold me my first one for $115 and my second one. The first one I tried to do myself and on the last corner trying to tuck the gasket in :tool:

-
Back