How do I remove windsheild trim

-

siacs

Reaction score
I am getting ready to pull the rest of the glass from my '70 Duster and I need to remove the trim from the front and rear glass. What's the best way to do this? It is in great shape and I do not want to bend it..... I know it has clips but I am concerned about using to much force....
Any help out there?

Spend a few dollars at the auto parts store and pick up the tool that slides under the trim and pushes on the moulding retainer clips. It`s real easy with the right tool and the chance of bending your moulding is greatly reduced. If your unsure how to use it, someone in the auto glass business could probably show you how. HTH.

Longgone said:
Spend a few dollars at the auto parts store and pick up the tool that slides under the trim and pushes on the moulding retainer clips. It`s real easy with the right tool and the chance of bending your moulding is greatly reduced. If your unsure how to use it, someone in the auto glass business could probably show you how. HTH.
I agree 100%. The tool is super easy to use and unlocks the clip better than any handmade trim removal screw driver. Also pick up a few plastic "popsicle" wedges to stick under the popped clips as you go along
formon_gran.jpg

2038.gif

I have a tool that is similar to the one that is pictured.
I have managed to get the rear window trim off. I also have the top half of the front and it started fighting me so I stopped, will try again today.
Don't want to damage it.....

The clip might be stuck or caught because of the pressure of the trim pulling up. Push down on the trim then try to use the tool to release the clip.

When I have had trouble with the clips releasing with the tool it has been because of crud build up under the trim that prevents the clip from being moved far enough to release. Take the tool an run it around under the trim without hooking the clips and trya again.

-
Back