How do you cool your BB?

-

MTmopars

Reaction score
Just curious. Starting to piece together this 68 notch. Have an aluminum radiator with 22.25x19" core. I was going to run an electric fan setup, but wondering if I'd be better off going with a 18" clutch fan.

If you go electric don't forget to cover the entire core with a shroud....

Yeah, that is the problem I am having. I have found a single dual fan setup that would cover, $400. The single fan set ups only have 14" fans that move 1500cfm. Also worried a bit about charging system. Thinking the clutch and fan out of the donor New Yorker may be the best bet. Maybe a pusher on front if it isn't enough on its own.

Stock 22" 3 core with stock shroud. I'm running a fan clutch and a 160 degree thermostat. Car runs around 185 most of the time

A shroud's a must with a BB and 22" rad. I tried a "Jag" (Hayden #2765) clutch (for clearance) and 22" 3-row copper/brass but got better cooling with a solid fan and 180* hi-flo stat. When I added the blower there was no room for any kind of fan between the rad and engine. I'm getting good results with a 22" aluminum cross flow radiator and an electric (SPAL) pusher.

Stock 22" 3 core with stock shroud. I'm running a fan clutch and a 160 degree thermostat. Car runs around 185 most of the time

Same as above except no shroud, and a factory flex fan. Runs cool side of normal on the factory guage.

-
Back