How do you guys keep your flat black hood protected?

-

scott2683

Reaction score
My duster has a flat black hood, and I was wondering how you guys protected them and kept them clean? I don't imagine you can use regular wax can you?

Are there any recommendations or special products I can purchase to help eliminate streaks and water spots?

Years ago a fellow Mopar friend who happen to resto cars for a living, told me that he used Pledge on Mopar Organosol Black.

a friend uses Turtle Wax ICE on his flat or satin finish on his cars and it looks great

I just wash mine and let do what it's going to do. I don't have any water spots however.

Thanks for the help, I'll give the pledge and the turtle wax both a try!

My duster has a flat black hood, and I was wondering how you guys protected them and kept them clean? I don't imagine you can use regular wax can you?

Are there any recommendations or special products I can purchase to help eliminate streaks and water spots?
I had a '71 Duster back in 1976 and I used to do my flat black hood with Vaseline. Wax would turn it white.

I use Mothers "back to black" trim protectant

This works great! It is also fantastic for vinyl tops to and lasts a few weeks!

If anyone would like to know...don't use Armor All on a vinyl top. It has a silicone in it that actually dries the top out.

This works great! It is also fantastic for vinyl tops to and lasts a few weeks!

If anyone would like to know...don't use Armor All on a vinyl top. It has a silicone in it that actually dries the top out.
ya thats right, and you should never use armor-all on vynal interor either, as it drys out the vynal. The best thing to use on your interior in baby oil ! It keeps the vynal soft and plyable. I learned this many years ago from an interior guy, and have been doing it on all my vehicles, and the interior has stayed like new. Just a tip for you guys.....

The painter told me not to put anything on it. I personally don't want any shine to it. You put wax on there it more than likely will be shiny. Unless that's what you want.

-
Back