How do you guys keep your polished aluminum...polished?

-
hahaha.....yup good old Michigan.....one day it can be in the 80's and 90's and the next day can be in the 50's (like this week).....plus being right across the street from a lake tends to keep the air a little more humid at times. all the variations in temperature make my engine block literally sweat which speeds up the process of oxidization

I wasnt looking for a product that would eliminate the process of oxidization because I doubted that there would be such a product.....but I was however interested in something that may slow the process down so I won't have to be a slave to the parts.

well as has been pointed out ... wax will melt, clear coat turns yellow....that 2 step Master Formula Gren stuff is metal polish, pink bottle is Sealer GLoss...works pretty good to give you a week or so ...maybe even 2 weeks before you do it again...the good news is the second bottle is a pretty darn good sealer.....the best you can hope for is delaying the inevitable by a week or so....
and yep I LOVE midwest weather!!! kinda like I LOVE having a sharp stick shoved into my eye!!! Ohio is no different....went to Norwalk aka Summit racing park for the top fueler quifications...we got there at 9 am it was like 57, cloudy , damp and the wind was kicken it.... by 2:30 it was 80?!?!? stayed cold till about 1:45 then started to climb and went straight up...condensation paradise!!!!

A guy with a polished ZF transaxle told me he sprayed it down with WD-40 and that helped keep it shinny and easier to clean.

HEMI_ITIS< What may I ask are you going to do with that elephant?
I am waiting to get on the engine dyno:happy2:I would have gone this past weekend but was hired to transport a '65 Coronet to "MOPARS AT THE GROVE".We had an awsome time!!!The turnout was fair and consisted of 75% "A" bodies:tongue1:

Attachments

• THE GROVE 6.11 201.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 96
-
Back