How do you guys wash your car with hard water?

-

Popdart

Reaction score
Ok . . . . my car needs to be washed. Last year it was waxed / polished, maintained. But I've run out of time. I need to wash her. My issue is that I have hard well water. Yes, it is on a water softener, and I have a Whirlpool whole house filter in the system. I am capable of using this conditioned / filtered water outside at my tap by opening / closing a couple of valves. I'm just scared to death to try it. Fear of water spots etc. What do you think?

Rog

You'll get spots if you just let it air dry. If you shammy it off, you should be fine.

I have the hat trick. I have hard (well) water, live on a dirt road, and have a black car. ugh I use a water blade and have a real good shammy.

Hatrick lol . . . . Rocky . . . sounds like me . . . dirt road, well water. Yer talking a water blade being a squeegee? Thanks . . . Rog

Quit being a a scare-cat, wash the damn thing already, worst thing you'll have to do is wash it again.

I get Cindy to put on her bikini only once a year to wash the Dart i set back and injoy the show.I only was the car once a year saves on scratches. :D:D:D:D

My house used to have well water, and our outside spickets are still hooked up to the well.

We've washed the cars many times, just dry it off good (shammy or towel) and you'll be fine.

If you are so concerned, why not take it to a do-it-yourself spray wash.

Thanks guys . . I need a water blade, I have a shammy, and I'm good to go in the shade. Water spots were my concern, they don't come off very easy. I've use a leaf blower on a motorcycle, works well. Snake has the best idea by far . . . . lol. Rog

Dish soap is great for washing cars...as long as you realize it will strip off all the wax. If you are doing a complete detail, it's not an issue.

Wash it in a nice shady area, or wash it in the early morning or in the evening when the sun is not too strong. Shammy it off quick before water spots can form.

We have real hard water out here in the country. My family got me this one year for daddy's day.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016GXL6C/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1535523722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0006M56CE&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=19S2A4GP0MTEC62B32RQ"]Amazon.com: Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash System: Everything Else[/ame]

It looks gimmicky as all hell but the damn thing WORKS.

I use an RV inline hi-flow Filter added onto the hose. (If real dirty I add on my power washer to the setup) I then dry with a leaf blower. No spots

Thanks guys . . I need a water blade, I have a shammy, and I'm good to go in the shade. Water spots were my concern, they don't come off very easy. I've use a leaf blower on a motorcycle, works well. Snake has the best idea by far . . . . lol. Rog

No they don't, at all! I have the same issue at my place about 40 miles from you. An added feature at my place is a very high iron content in the water. It makes life interesting.

I very seldom wash my car, but I did buy this for a few bucks in the sale bin @ Checker & YES it worked great....

NO water spots 8)

It's freaky how it dries, ain't it?

-
Back