How do you remove the interior quarter panel and trim on a 67 barracuda fastback without damage?

-

Carnut76

Reaction score
I have never disassembled a complete 67 interior, trying to remove the panel where the rear quarter window crank handle is, does the two foot long trim piece avove the vinal panel snap off? Looks like the screws may be under it for the side panel? I don't want to risk kinking or damaging it. Any tricks of the trade? Thanks in advance!

I have never disassembled a complete 67 interior, trying to remove the panel where the rear quarter window crank handle is, does the two foot long trim piece avove the vinal panel snap off? Looks like the screws may be under it for the side panel? I don't want to risk kinking or damaging it. Any tricks of the trade? Thanks in advance!
There are five little clips on the panel which hold it in place. The top chrome strip just locates the panel. Do not try to pry it off
IMG_20160805_130221.jpg
IMG_20160805_130501.jpg
as it is screwed into the body.

Yep, remove the window crank first with an allen wrench. Then carefully pry the clips out along the perimeter of the panel and then it slides down...

Once the panel is removed, you will see the screws for the trim piece (as seen in the photo).

Thank you guys very much! Worked out good, the interior is original and in very nice shape so I thought I would ask first rather than be sorry later. I am more of a under the hood guy and body guy, interior is not my strong point.

-
Back