How does a track rate/class you?

-

Eric_S68

Reaction score
Since this is my 1st build of a muscle car (73 Duster) with a projected 1/4 mile ET of under 12's. And my 1st visit to any drag track as a driver.. What can I run? What classes will they let me run? What Hassles will I run into?

Test and tune is the perfect place to start. Not a race just get in line and run whoever is in the lane next to you. We have one every Thursday night here in California and its cheaper than bracket racing.

Running quicker than 12 second quarter mile E.T. you need more safety items. Like roll bar, jacket, drive shaft hoop

I agree that the test and tune deal is the best way to begin. Just take her down the track a few times and see what she will do. How the car performs will determine what class you end up in. Good luck, and keep us posted on the performance numbers... Oldschool

You should contact the track that you will race at. In the case of the track I race at I can run 4 different classes. I have a '65 Valiant so I can run the "Mopar" class, If I put my mufflers and DOT slicks on I can run "Street Legal" class, I run low 11's so I can run the "Pro" class which is 7.50 - 12.99 and I could run the "Super Pro" class which is 7.50 - 11.99 with electronics". But when you loose you are done. Like the guy's have said the test and tune is best if you want to keep making run after run. But the safety equipment is required regardless as to what class you can run, call the track.

-
Back