How friendly is FABO?

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
So I posted a thread a while ago talking about moving west and I am starting to apply for some jobs out there. I am getting a little nervous just because I'll be moving across the country to a place where I don't know a single person and was wondering how many members around the Denver and Vegas area would be willing to give me a hand working on my dart since ill more than likely be living at a apartment complex with out a garage. Has anyone else just picked up And left home to a strange land?

ranidart70 lives close to Denver. I'm sure there's enough out there to get you covered!

I am going to try to love close enough to the drag strip that I don't have to worry about the drive to and from in my car. The dart doesn't like the 40 minute drive to the track that I have here.

This year I moved near Charleston SC, not knowing anyone besides my boss. If I needed help there's a FABO member in the area I would ask...it turns out I got so busy at work we haven't met in person yet.

One thing that made all the difference was my sister came and helped me. We'll always have the memories of the fun we had those few days. Maybe you have a family member who would like to be a part of this major event in your life?

Hey doogievlg! I moved from Central NY to Colorado in 1990. I'm the youngest of 8, 4 bros & 3 sis. (they all still live there) I took a job in Denver as a mechanic but only lived there for 8 or so months. Didn't like the BIG city much. I wanted to live in the mountains. So I took a mechanics job in Gunnison. Po Dung CO. Tiny town. I loved it! I was 22, young and full of.. you know. I knew no one there. It was exciting! Not to have any preconceived notions of who you are. Just a resume. It gave me a chance to shine, learn tons of new things and make new friends. Learning about the state, the mountains and the Western way was very cool! I learned to snow board, mountain climb and fly fish. (although I still prefer drowning worms from a boat LOL) It was a collage town with pretty girls so I stayed busy. I lived there for five years (no regrets) before I moved to Durango CO. I have been here ever since. (no regrets) I got lucky to find the girl of my dreams here, a native Durangin' and we got hitched! I will say at first all I wanted was to get the hell out of Syracuse and find something new and better weather! LOL! I'm 45 now and still love it here. Close to Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and the west in general. Killer camping, rafting, boating and sick scenery! I have learned a ton and seen a ton but all in all as I've grown-up (relative term LOL) I miss my family more and more every day. My Mom, 82 survived my Dad and I don't know how many more chances we will have to spend with her. We try to go back every year for vaca. She has 7 of her kids around her for support so I don't worry to much about her. That being said, go for it! You have nothing but NEW ahead of you and that's how we grow. Never forget where you came from and never burn any bridges. You'd be surprised how often you'll need to cross them again. If you end up any where close I would love to help with your projects! It's a huge move and if your family is behind you, they will be there when you need them. Good luck on you decisions!
Larry

Thanks Larry. My family is all for it. I went out to Colorado about ten years ago and loved it. Everyone in my family moved away for a few years after college but always planned on coming back and I doubt I will come back. Hopefully I get a call back about an interview and I can head out that way. I hate cities as well so as soon as I get enough cash in my pocket ill head for the mountains too.

Good luck with the interview! It'll happen. Sending you good Ju-Ju! Be sure to look me up! :glasses7:

Wish I could say I had room for your car but I have one to many cars now. There are several FABO members and a couple of good Mopar clubs in the Denver area. Make sure you look me up when you get here. I live in Aurora just east of Denver. What kind of work do you do?

Wish I could say I had room for your car but I have one to many cars now. There are several FABO members and a couple of good Mopar clubs in the Denver area. Make sure you look me up when you get here. I live in Aurora just east of Denver. What kind of work do you do?

I applied to work for the federal prisons to help prisoners with reentry back into society. That was the last position in Denver I applied for. The other was in navada and from what I could gather it was to help manage federal lands for recreational use. Right now I am working as a service technician for apartments but it's about time to put my degrees to use.

I moved to Nevada(Las Vegas area) 19 years ago from SW Pennsylvania. Had no trouble meeting up with moparites. All I had to do was drive my 67 Dart anywhere and they found me.Not a bad place,nice rust free cars out here.Jobs are everywhere if you want to work.
I went to Denver after high school for Automotive, and fell in love with the west.That was in 75,Moved to Nevada in 94.The weather out here has it's pros and cons. Like anything else you adapt .

Lots of us in the Denver area. I am just east of Denver. We can always have a fix the car Moparty.

-
Back