How good is a Torker 340 intake?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
The Torker 340 intake came with the engine. How "good" are they? I'm been thinking about getting a RPM Air Gap intake to replace it. Is that much of an improvement though?
I have a basically stock 360 with a mild 1500-5200rpm cam

Thanks! I shall do as you say! :)

Im no expert but from what I have picked up on here over the years.... The Torker is mediocre at best.

The RPM or RPM Air gap is the forum "Golden Boy". I think its safe to say it is the single most recommended intake here.

(Not counting small port engines where the normal Performer is often recomended).

they were good in their day. ran one back in the early '80s on a 340. the technology has gotten better and the air gap is a better choice. if you are on a budget, go with the torker and upgrade when you can. takes what, an hour to swap an intake?

Old torker, or newer torker II? i've got a torker II on a hot 360 and dont think the $240 for the air gap would be cost effective.

If it's the original Torker340, it would have been best to leave it as a chunk of aluminum prior to smelting. Total junk, IMHO.

The newer torkerII is better.

I wouldn't run a torker on a car with your desired RPM range

If it's the original Torker340, it would have been best to leave it as a chunk of aluminum prior to smelting. Total junk, IMHO.

The newer torkerII is better.

I wouldn't run a torker on a car with your desired RPM range

I second that.

Fred B

I had a Torker 340 intake on the 340 in my Duster, and after about a year switched to an RPM Air Gap. Definitely made a difference in the power department throughout the rpm range.

So I'd throw that intake in the swap meet pile and find an Air Gap.

-
Back