How hard is it to add a blower/ supercharger ?

-

molson_ab

Reaction score
How hard is it to add a blower to a performance engine? i currently have a 408sb in a 71 dart. All the parts are forged steel and a I have a compression ratio under 10:1.

How hard is it to add a blower to a performance engine? i currently have a 408sb in a 71 dart. All the parts are forged steel and a I have a compression ratio under 10:1.

It isn't hard to add one but you just need to know exactly what your comp is and not a guess so you can set your drive up accordingly.

I have 8.5 to 1 and with my drive I have a final comp ratio of 12.4 to 1 which is max for street use and to be able to still run 93 oct pump gas.

Yup, what Blownfish said. I set my Brand-x up with 12.5:1 effective compression ratio and it does not pepper the plugs even when I race it in 95 degree weather! Two most important things to remember if you supercharge:

1) NEVER EVER go lean
2) Do NOT run too much total timing. Run a lot of static timing or better yet lock the distributor and run a start retard on the box like I do.

-
Back