How Hard is it to???

-
if its anything like a 1974 dart, good luck hahahah about 8 bandaids hard

Not to bad until you get to the two outer most corners. Plan on removing the gauges, HVAC and glove box to help, unless you like laying on your back across the seat.

maybe this will help the two outer are phillip screws and the other I think are 3/8 nuts. probably easiest to remove the gauge cluster and glove box insert that will give easy access to all but one other being over the heater controls.

Attachments

• Dash.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 285
I am attempting this too on a 72, bought a box of band aids and
have plenty of curse words in a box that I been saving..

very easy if you pull the dash, which means pulling the windshield!
seriously, it's a pain but it can be done with due diligence and, as suggested, plenty of cursing.

I only ask because I have the instrument cluster out as well as the glove box. And soon my heater box will be out to replace the leaky heater core. Figured it was a good time to replace the crack dash pad.

Where's the best place to buy a new dash pad from? Are repops available for the 68?? Where and how much do they go for?

i did mine a while back. with the cluster out and the glove box liner, a little patience , it was easy. I just used a deep socket . get the socket on at right angle and you will be home free. I bought a dash cap from dashcaps.com and used the provided adhesive , slipped the cover over it, used tape and rubber bands to hold it down, let it sit for 24 hours and then re-installed. great product , fit like a glove and a year later it still looks great.

Attachments

• fp29.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 223
  • fp28.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 222
  • fp10.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 226
  • fp32.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 236
i did mine a while back. with the cluster out and the glove box liner, a little patience , it was easy. I just used a deep socket . get the socket on at right angle and you will be home free. I bought a dash cap from dashcaps.com and used the provided adhesive , slipped the cover over it, used tape and rubber bands to hold it down, let it sit for 24 hours and then re-installed. great product , fit like a glove and a year later it still looks great.

Wow! That does look killer! I may go that route. I've got a lower dash pad that needs to be replaced also. I wondering how easy that on is to get to???

-
Back