how i turned mopar

-

bigtommy

old school power
Reaction score
no its not about how i turned gay hahaha its how i turned a Mopar guy.
this is just something i was just thinking about and going thought my old pictures and saw the picture that turned me from Chevy or Mopar lol. were like 3 4 years ago before i got my first car(67 4dr valiant sign.) i was more die hard then John McClane about Chevys yea i know i was stupid. i always wanted a 67 Chevy nova ll. dark gray and black rims. yea that was my dream car. well when i was looking for my first car, my gram told me about my step pa's brother was selling a car for 800 bucks, so i asked her what is was. and she told me a 67 Plymouth Valiant. i was like what the freak is that hahaha. well i Googled it and this picture came up. it was a 68 but i feel in love with it more then the cute girl in my math class haha. she didn't tell me if it was a 2 or 4dr so i didn't know that yet but i was hoping it was a 2 dr because the picture oh Google was a blue 2dr with tan/brown inside. it was just sexy all together. were my gram finally told me that it was a "5door" haha she said the trunk was the fifth door lol. well so i was alittle sad but i then Googled 4drs lol and i saw this gray 4dr with tinted windows and i was like yea i can make the 4dr look as good as the 2dr. so i went and looked at the car. at first i said this thing is ugly haha but i needed a car and i knew i could make it nice. so i bought it and if was feb. when i bought it so yea i had to shovel 3feet of snow to get the car out lol but it was my first car and i wanted to drive it that day. so this is how i got into a mopar head :) oh and the last picture is was it looks like now :)

Attachments

• blue.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 192
  • 1097466721_2b92415692_z.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 192
  • 1967_plymouth_valiant.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 201
  • Resampled952011-10-159515-59-3195129.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 164
My first car was a Olds with a rocket 350, really liked the car--at first.

For a winter beater I found a 77 Gran Fury, price was right and I loved how roomy it was. That summer I crashed the Olds--in part to the coil spring set up in back. Took me 5--6 months to be back on the road and my winter beater became my everyday car.

I got in to the carb-plug the egr ports, put duals on it and it got me 16 mpg at 55-60 mph. I started beating the crap out of it and loved how tough it was. Even the front grille was cast pot meat-not plastic. Was great to ram snow banks and nothing broke in front

Then I noticed how most police cars were Mopar and thought if its tough enough for them it must be the best manufacturer of cars.

That was 20 some years ago

How I came to Mopar was a two step deal.

Step 1. First car was a Chevy
Step 2. Second car was a Mopar

Instant Mopar man!!

Haha :burnout:

I became a Mopar fan at the old age of six. :) My family is all Ford and thats what I was growing up to be. Then my Dads friend took me for a ride in a 70's Dodge truck (approx 1989). That truck had some balls. I remember to this day that it broke both rear tires and one front tire loose. I was hooked/

My dad was a Ford man too. I always suspected something was wrong with him. (Or maybe I was adopted. LOL) I still have his 65 Ford truck.

My first car was a 60 Chevy Impala. I HATED that car. My second car was a Duster. I LOVED that car.

I seen a 57 T Bird with a BBM in it, thought it was very cool

Its Mopar engines-drivetrains I like the most. Well the leaf springs are better then coil and GM and Ford chrome bumpers in the late 70's were for junk vs the Mopar chrome

I dig custom cars, were you mix the "best" to make one great car. How it came when brand new I really could careless.

Mopar for Life

Strange, cause my grandfather was a huge Buick guy, he owned a shop for 70 yrs, taught my dad to work on cars.

My parents have owned nothing but Chrysler, 64 880, 68 A108, 84 400, 88 Voyager, 2003 Concord, 95 LXi. I got the mopar bug from my dad.

I drove the 880 till i move to Ca, bought a 78 LeBaron, had a 67 Satellite, and have my Dusters and Bee and my 88 Reliant.

I have owned 1 79 Ford LTD, it was the biggest pile of trash ever, 2 Ford trucks, a 91 F150 and a 99 Explorer, nothing wrong with them. and the wife just got a 2003 H2, technically not a GM, but it has GM electrical and Vortec 6.0

But my sons 79 Monte just hates me, i casnt stand working on it, it just seems put together backwards.

None of my Mopars, has ever let me down or left me stranded somewhere, cant say that about the other cars.

when I was about ten my dad bought a 70 gtx 440 4bbl then at 15 we swapped it to a 6bbl 4 speed then by sixteen I owned a 71 dart 360 727 and a 71 duster 340 a833 and at 20 I still own those 2 cars along with another 71 duster /6 904

Was a Chevy person. Took me 40 yrs. to see the light. MATS got me hooked for good.. Went Challenger hunting and picked up A 72 340,4sp. Haven't looked back since. Picture is in avatair.
Just bought a Ram 3500 desiel long bed. Next stop toy hauler.

-
Back