how many different spline patterns

-

bad440

everything,all the time..
Reaction score
I pulled the yoke off one of my dropouts. the splines are really close together .on the gears that i just got they look kinda like a 4 spd input shaft. the splines are like wide and spaced apart.how many different spline patterns are there?i know i need a different yoke.this one is for the small u joint.the one in the car has a big u joint.so i need touse the large one,if it has the same splines.is there a way to tell without taking it apart?

there are two different splines....course spline, and fine spline, and of course there is the small yoke and the large yoke. Both large and small yokes can have either the course or fine spline. I don't think you can really tell without removing the yokes.

.............u can get a conversion u joint from any parts house.............kim..........the spline counts r 10 and 29......

there are two different splines....course spline, and fine spline, and of course there is the small yoke and the large yoke. Both large and small yokes can have either the course or fine spline. I don't think you can really tell without removing the yokes.

You can tell what spline they are without taking them apart by checking the pinion retaining nut size. If it takes a 1-1/8" socket it's a coarse spline. If it take a 1-1/4" socket it's a fine spline.

thanks man i will pull the driveshaft tommorrow and check it out

You can tell what spline they are without taking them apart by checking the pinion retaining nut size. If it takes a 1-1/8" socket it's a coarse spline. If it take a 1-1/4" socket it's a fine spline.
it has the smaller nut on the pinion :cheers:now just need a pinion bearing and the crush sleeve eliminator.....and its on!:cya::cya:

-
Back