How many of you are still working on your first

-

skep419

No show, all go!
Reaction score
My build has changed a lot in the last 12 years but I am still working on the same car. Sometimes I think it would have been easier to sell the car and start from scratch. Too much sentimental value I guess.

I love my 64 Signet and have had it over 25 years. I remember when I first got it, I said I will never sell it. Right after the first day of driving this stock original car I pulled everything out and changed it to the way I like things, I very much dislike anything stock.

Its the friggin gas these days Sam that makes us crazy and change things

The funny part is things never change to benefit mileage only to make it go faster. Wish I had the money for an overdrive trans. It is the Ring tamer.

My build has changed a lot in the last 12 years but I am still working on the same car. Sometimes I think it would have been easier to sell the car and start from scratch. Too much sentimental value I guess.
me too.i did alot of things backwards lol.its been a learning curve....and sometimes we learn the hard way.

I had the engine built when I was 17 to the specs of a mopar muscle magazine. Then 5 years later had enough scratch to either build the top end or redo the bottom end. My engine builder talked me into the edelbrock heads, new cam, rpm air gap, 750 street hp dp, and a new distributor. So here I sit with a mismatched combo waiting for stock rod bolts to blow apart. hopefully the quarters hold together long enough for the stroker kit.

I wanted a stock relatively cheap motor and transmission setup that will last longer, have more power and give me better gas mileage then any of my small blocks this Signet once had and I have had them all in the original sequential order and what do I get, what I eventually get is political motivation by those stuck in a battle between
Obama and the GOP as if second place is no longer the first loser and another battle between car manufacturers whereas we can use and what we cannot

been working on my duster since 2006 when i got it doing little thing here and there just last year started big stuff stripped paint removed all rust now almost done with 410 stroker and the 4speed cant wait till shes running

I've had this scamp for 10 years now, I will never sell it, and I don't think I'll ever be done working on it, but after it was garage art, with little being done over the last decade, I hit it hard since august, I took it from a striped down shell and a pile of parts, to a driver, all by myself, it's not got paint on it yet, but it will have next year, for now I just shot flat black on it.

I am on my first.........

Scamp.

On my second mopar. My first was a '71 340 wedge Duster I bought 20 years ago and retardedly sold it when I turned 17 so I could have a car that I could drive without going broke. Just returned to Mopar this summer, by purchasing a '69 Dart GT. Never parting with it!

LOL, not even close!

My first was a 27 T 2 door sedan when I was 4 years old, traded that when I was 12 and never looked back. I can't keep anything longer than a few years until I get bored with it. I do know where my first car is and I could buy it back if I wanted to.

After numerous other cars and projects, I'm still working on my first car. Got it when I was 16 but like every other 16 year old, I had no money to work on it to get it road worthy so I saved and bought other cars that I could drive

c2.jpg

c.jpg

2 years later I tore it down to build it but like every kid, I didn't think of the money it would take to do it so it just sat tore apart as I slowly gathered parts.

c15.jpg

A few years later I finally got to work on it but I got married and then it just sat again for years while I got detoured with other cars and bills.

c27.jpg

Fast forward 20 more years after I finally got to work on it.

CopyofP1000782.jpg

P1000776.jpg

I'm just real glad my family is a bunch of hoarders or I would have sold it years ago like most of my buddies did with their cars.

I still have my 68 Dart I bought when I was 18.

That would be me for sure! Bought it April 9, 1991 for $250 complete with the infamous "box of spare parts in the trunk." It's my first and only ... and I'm trying to do it right.

Still working on my first too. I bought this 68 Dart when I was 14. After numerous engines and combos, I am redoing it again.

Attachments

• sc00095010.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 138
  • laborday06 202.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 144
i still have my 69 dart i bought 12 years ago. it will never be finished. if anything just put it on the back burner some more. i have had my 74 duster for almost 2 years which is the 3rd project i bought since owning the dart. i hope to keep these 2 for a while. im going to have to change a bunch of stuff on the dart and i too think id be better off starting over with another one.

Still working on the first new car I ever bought. 70 Duster, 318, man 3 speed, 323 open. Got divorced, lost it, remarried her, got it back, divorced again, she gave it to me.
So, won $8k at the dog track in 87; bought Strange narrowed Dana. Installed narrow subframe, etc. Got a start on the roll cage. Then got so busy at work- no work on car. Then laid off, work on car.
Then busy again, laid off; parts already bought. 4 link, coil overs, cage complete, tubs complete. New 1/4 panel, took the 2nd coat of paint off.
It is still on jack stands since 1987, lol.
But I couldn't believe that 340 fired up, and ran after all that time.

I been horsing around with the same 1973 Dart Sport 340 since the summer of 1977.

-
Back