How much 4 speed set up complete go for?

-

68GTconvert

Reaction score
How much would it be to buy all the parts for the swap? Package deal. Trying to figure out if I should do the swap or heavily build my 904 and sell the 4 speed stuff.

A Body a 833 Rebuilt Trans
A body Shifter
4 Speed Hump
Z-Bar
Cross member
Linkage
Pedals
Bellhousing
Whole New Clutch Set up with pressure plate
Flywheel

Good question I've heard of really crazy deals that I'm not sure of the validity, and I've been told that my 800.00 bucks should get me halfway there by a respected mopar parts guy. Its likely to be based on all at one time, or what is a fair to good price on each part. a list of reasonable prices would be cool.

I did manage to buy a complete parts car for 500.00. Probably the cheapest route.

I bought a complete 4 speed set up from Tony's parts in Delaware.It was $1250 for everything including a rebuilt tranny shipped to my door in Seattle.

I bought a complete 4 speed set up from Tony's parts in Delaware.It was $1250 for everything including a rebuilt tranny shipped to my door in Seattle.

did that include clutch/pp/flywheel cuz if it did that was a smoking deal!

It was a smoking deal considering the tranny was totally rebuilt,bead blasted and painted.Everything he sent was in excellant condition the aluminum bell housing looked brand new.I called about some prices on things that were on his web site and he was asking me about what i was doing, then he said forget my web site prices i will give you a package price.I paid 1250 including shipping,I belive passion and brewers were a grand just for a rebuilt tranny.I did buy a hays clutch set up from summit for about 250.

id build the 4 speed car now...it would be more fun...plus trying to buy all the stuff back that your going to sell now is probably gonna cost you more than you'll make off of it imo

Here is what i paid

A Body a 833 Rebuilt Trans $200 shipped
A body Shifter went with new hurst which was expensive
4 Speed Hump $ 150
Cross member same as auto on my 69 dart
Pedals $115 with linkages clutch fork & zbar
Bellhousing $ 100 aluminum
Whole New Clutch Set up with pressure plate went with centerforce new $380
Flywheel $ 60 shipped and resurfaced

so that puts me over 1000 bucks and i bought everything separately except the pedals linkages and stuff. Also most of my stuff was brand new stuff like shifter and clutch

If i were you i would put the 4 speed in it. it is not that difficult of a conversion to do. also to rebuild the trans if need be was easy. I contemplated doing it myself or not and i finally did it myself and once it was opened i realized it wasn't going to be that bad.

hope this helps

Here is what i paid

A Body a 833 Rebuilt Trans $200 shipped
A body Shifter went with new hurst which was expensive
4 Speed Hump $ 150
Cross member same as auto on my 69 dart
Pedals $115 with linkages clutch fork & zbar
Bellhousing $ 100 aluminum
Whole New Clutch Set up with pressure plate went with centerforce new $380
Flywheel $ 60 shipped and resurfaced

so that puts me over 1000 bucks and i bought everything separately except the pedals linkages and stuff. Also most of my stuff was brand new stuff like shifter and clutch

If i were you i would put the 4 speed in it. it is not that difficult of a conversion to do. also to rebuild the trans if need be was easy. I contemplated doing it myself or not and i finally did it myself and once it was opened i realized it wasn't going to be that bad.

hope this helps

Thanks.

-
Back