How much does 1971 dodge dart weigh????

-

MR JIM

Reaction score
Need help??
I like to know the appox weight of my 1971 dart 383, 727,four link, 9 inch ,sub frame connectors,roll cage, Glass hood,Aluminum interior,Manual brakes and steering , racing seats and weld wheels draglites ????

Grateful for any numbers....:read2:

stock youre surely around ,, 3 000 or 3 100 pounds with a small block , s6 - 2800 to 3 000 , with youre set-up !! i dont know !! :)

MP chassis book says a '67-'72 A-body will be around 3,100-3,250 depending on how it's equipped. I imagine yours is somewhat lighter but start adding weight back in like big block, frame connectors, roll cage etc you start to negate some of your efforts at saving weight. Necessary items for fast cars yes, but still adds weight. You probably want to find out your weight distribution front to back in a car like yours, probably more relevant than actual weight.

My 340 car with a full tank was 3295 lb. It has no heavy options. I would say you are around 3300-3400lb. less if you only run 5 gal of gas. take off 6 pounds or so per gal for that. If this is a drag car you should weigh it and find out you cars weight it is a usfule thing to know as is its weight distribution like rmchrgr said.

Where do you race at now that LACR is closed up?

My power steering, AC, 318, 71 dart was 3260 with me (I weigh 140) bone stock with the 2 bbl carb.

Steve

My power steering, AC, 318, 71 dart was 3260 with me (I weigh 140) bone stock with the 2 bbl carb.

Steve

Just what the MP book said, between 3,100-3,250. Remove your A/C that's a good chunk of weight right there. Ditch the radio and the rest of the climate control system, you're starting to get down below 3,100. Install aluminum heads, an aluminum rad., lite front wheels... great platform for a race car. With 450hp you're easily in the 11s.

Just what the MP book said, between 3,100-3,250. Remove your A/C that's a good chunk of weight right there. Ditch the radio and the rest of the climate control system, you're starting to get down below 3,100. Install aluminum heads, an aluminum rad., lite front wheels... great platform for a race car. With 450hp you're easily in the 11s.

The AC compressor weighed 50 lbs all by itself. Converting to manual steering has saved another 38 lbs!

Spare tire and jack was another 40 lbs.

I got no money for aluminum heads, but a dual plane aluminum intake and 4 bbl carb was worth another 15 lbs over the cast iron stocker.

My goal is 3100 with me and the bench seat by the time I'm done. We'll see...I had a 7.25 rear stock, and the 8.75 weighed quite a bit more I'm sure.

If and when its mobile again, I'll weight it and see if my bathroom scale numbers are adding up right.

3100 pounds and traction should get in the 11s with around 300 rwhp. 350-375 at the motor.

My 71 Dart--440-eddy Heads/intake--alum Waterpump/housing--manual Steering--disc Brakes--no Heater/ac Box/guts--fenderwells--frames Tied--narrowed 8 3/4--convo Pro Wheels--full Interior--has Wipers/horn/lights--no Gas Tank--alum Fuel Cell--battery In Trunk--- Alum Radiator--lightweight Truck Master Cylinder.... Lightweight Fender Extentions ....weighs 3190 With My Fat *** In It[195]

Not sure where they get their information from but my NY state registration claims my '71 Dart weighs 2,985 - I imagine that's dry shipping weight. With me in it (180) it would be 3,165. Half tank of gas weighs around 65lbs or so ? - makes it approx. 3,200+ with driver and fluids. Seems about right.

-
Back